Production Coordinator – Tencue – Berkeley, CA
Location: Berkeley, CA
WHO WE ARE
At Tencue, we create experiences that push the edge of possibility in event production; building world-class events and moving audiences to action. From start to finish, our productions spark imaginations, empower people, and ignite audiences. We draw on our talents as storytellers, designers, marketers, tech geeks, futurists, sociologists, and artists. We are a diverse group with unique perspectives, and are committed to providing a safe, positive, and nurturing environment in which to explore those differences. All are encouraged to apply.
Have a look at our team at https://we.tl/t-j1JUIG6rhx
WHO YOU ARE
You are curious about the world around you and have an interest in the work we are doing. You have worked in the industry of live events, theater, opera, music festivals, film or television. You are confident in your ability to work in a fast-paced environment and are good at anticipating the needs of a production team. You prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with little or no supervision. You have demonstrated organizational, written and verbal skills. You feel comfortable building strong relationships with various personality types in various roles and positions. You have a flexible schedule and are able to travel throughout the year.
- Support Producer to manage all aspects of production
- Create and manage Show Documents and Production Lists, including Production Schedules, Housing Lists, and Calendars
- Create and Manage Production Meetings
- Work directly with venue and meeting planners regarding F&B, hotels, etc
- Create and update venue instructions
- Manage permitting and fire marshal plans
- Manage show media, final files & content on hard drive
- Supervise production assistants onsite and direct their daily activity
- Create and maintain all safety documents/procedures
- Create vendor SOWs and agreements
- Support team on client presentations and site visits
- Coordinate talent, as needed
- Travel up to 25% of the year
- Proficiency with standard office apps (MS Office Suite/Acrobat)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-time position
- Dynamic work environment
- Negotiable salary
- Paid time off and holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance (with Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts?)
- 401K with employer match
- Training opportunities
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Work from home policy
- Employee resource groups
- A grants program that involves staff in directing funds and resources to non-profits
- Twice weekly catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- May require working on multiple projects as a time
- Will require travel for on-site project coordination
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress.
- Must deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- Will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
OTHER DUTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of their position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship
Tencue does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.