Skycar Creative seeks an experienced video producer for our growing video and design agency in the Bay Area. We are looking for someone who is comfortable budgeting, scheduling, crewing and managing teams for commercial productions and post. This person is able to work with creative teams, clients, freelancers, and staff to make the best work possible in the time and budget given. Ideally, they are quick on their feet, good with words, kind and a level-headed problem solver on busy sets and in the shop (or remote as the case may be!) for post-production.
- Please do not apply if you do not have the minimum qualifications below.
Also, see below about our cover letter requirement, we will not review applicants who do not provide a cover letter. *
Manage and deliver multiple projects on precise timelines.
- Create, negotiate, and manage budgets for several productions at a time.
- Help manage creative artists, both staff and freelancers all the while helping to nurture a great vibe in the shop and online
- Create project documents – project plans, work-back schedules, and estimates while setting expectations for the team and keeping projects on track
- Keep the team and clients informed as production progresses: red flags, deadlines, actual costs
- Organize all assets, documentation, and key deliverables for the team
- Review all work prior to shipment to ensure all specs are correct and requirements have been met
- Assess risks and make assumptions about project costs and timelines, and communicate those variables to the team
- Keep the team informed of day-to-day activity, of any conflicts, delays, or any unusual situations
- Consistently work to develop and improve operational efficiencies
5-10 years of experience producing video and design projects
- A creative, solutions-oriented approach to projects and relationships
- Comfortable as a post-producer managing multiple editors and designers at once.
- Experience with live-action producing
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships
- Knowledge of creative & technical approaches to filmmaking
- Ability to be flexible and highly adaptive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, delegate projects, and manage multiple projects at once
- Experience with project management tools, such as Basecamp
- Calm under pressure
- Passion for Excel (or more precisely, Google sheets).
NICE TO HAVE:
Adobe Creative Cloud knowledge: Premiere +
- Experience producing animation or VFX
- Strong connections with artists, crew, and talent in the bay area
- Bachelor’s degree in film production, marketing, communications or a related field
We are a family-friendly, anti-racist company that deeply values social justice and equality in our work and our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a fun and supportive work environment. In the important work of equity – we pursue training, audits and other measures to ensure that we are aligned in our actions. We truly value positive and optimistic team players and people who appreciate bad puns. Also, we are a dog-friendly shop so you’ll meet dogs around here too. (or on the video feed!)
Please see our current work @skycar.tv.
Please include a cover letter with your application. We value this first communication with us.