NBC Sports Bay Area – Summer 2020 Internship – NBCUniversal – San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco, CA
NBC Sports Regional Networks internship opportunities give students real world experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment. Internships are the perfect way to gain experience while learning what a career at NBC Universal might hold in store for you. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE READ INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- This posting is for the Summer 2020 internship program, the program generally runs from June through August
- The internship is in person at our office in San Francisco, CA
- Cover Letters are required and must state which department you are interested in. Cover letters should be addressed to the NBC Sports Internship Program.
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Application deadline is April 6, 2020, interested candidates should apply by this date
- You must meet the basic qualifications to be considered for the internship *Please review the basic qualifications carefully*
- Recent graduates will NOT be eligible for this program
- Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Vice President, Human Resources NBC Sports Regional Networks, or a successor/designee.
Summer 2020 Internships are only available with the below departments:
- Marketing (Marketing, Special Events, Public Relations, On-Air Marketing Promotions)
Production – Areas of Production listed below. To apply, indicate that your area of interest is “Production” and then specify what department you are applying to in the subject of your cover letter.
- News Department: Logging games/tapes, hands-on experience with non-linear editing, shadowing various positions around the news room, observing in field shoot, observing rundown meetings, performing minimal non-specific tasks as needed, assisting marketing with on-site events
- Studio Operations: Assisting in the proper set-up for field productions at various sports venues (Levi’s Stadium, AT&T Park, SAP Center, O.Co Coliseum, Oracle Arena), assisting with audio and video for pro Bay Area pregame and postgame shows (49ers, Giants, A’s, Warriors and Sharks), gaining hands-on experience by shadowing and assisting Videographers, Technical Directors and Audio Engineers, contributing ideas to optimize execution of field operations, assisting marketing with on-site events
- Basic Qualifications
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to work on-site in San Francisco, CA
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Desired Qualifications
- Previous internship and/or work experience in an office environment
- Proactive, independent worker with the demonstrated capacity to lead, work well with others
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and eager to learn
- Strong interest in understanding the Sports Media landscape
- Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at a time
Campus Programs Interns
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.