Media Services Specialist, Temporary – 2K Games – Novato, CA
Company: 2K Games
Location: Novato, CA
Who We Are:
2K’s Publishing studio is more than just where all the paperwork is done, it houses our premium art services teams, including the Capture Services group. Capture Services plays all the latest games we are developing and is highly skilled at showing off the products in their best light. The Capture Specialist is part artist, part gamer, and part photographer/videographer. They are responsible for the majority of gameplay images and video used for marketing, including major trailers, gameplay demos, and media exclusives.
What We Need:
We are looking for individuals who have artistic backgrounds, as well as technical, photo or video skills. That said, we are also looking for individuals who are experienced gamers because it requires high level of experience and comfortability with games in order to get the best out of them. Having a combination of these skills is a huge plus. The Specialist needs to be passionate about games, patient, and an excellent team player. Capturing quality footage and screenshots takes time and coordination, as well as a bit of technical savvy. Along with all of those premium qualities, the Capture Specialist will work hand in hand with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers so professional and transparent communication is paramount to our success.
What You Will Do:
- The Capture Specialist is responsible for playing 2K’s biggest upcoming AAA games and capturing screenshots and video footage for marketing purposes. The Specialist will collaborate with other members of the team to stage the action in order to effectively demonstrate the action, drama, and beauty of the game
- Understanding of art, composition, light, color, and action
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles
- Comfortable with many game genres from FPS to RPG, from PC to iOS, and everything in between
- Proficient at first person movement and XBOX/PS4 controller use
- Proficiency with video capture hardware/software and Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere and Photoshop experience is a big plus
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- We are looking for veteran gamers who are comfortable and experienced around most game types, and who also have art backgrounds. They will need to bend the games to their will and be able to efficiently capture artistically composed scenes. Having an understanding of photography, videography, or any skills with Adobe Creative Suite applications and gameplay capture technology is also highly desired. Having strong experience in any of these areas can make up for having less gaming experience.
- Play game as part of a small multiplayer team to compose shots that demonstrate specific action, key features, visuals, etc
- Capture both static imagery and video footage to specifications
- Retouch imagery as necessary
- Edit and export the best parts of the gameplay video for the 2K video production teams.
- High School diploma or equivalent