LEGO Master Model Builder Wanted!! – LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Company: LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area
Build yourself a more exciting future as the Master Model Builder for LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area!
If you’re the biggest LEGO® fan in the Bay Area, and can build absolutely anything out of LEGO bricks and would love the chance to showcase your skills and apply to become our new Master Model Builder!
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Bay Area opens Spring 2020 at The Great Mall of the Bay Area and the winner of Brick Factor will be offered a full-time job at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Bay Area as Master Model Builder.
About The Competition
The competition will be held Saturday, January 18th and Sunday, January 19th at The Great Mall of the Bay Area. All applicants will receive additional details outlining the competition.
*Application submission does not automatically qualify you for the competition.
View our Brick Factor competition here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAUSJJ0DmXU
The Master Model Builder is the ultimate Playmaker who is a talented LEGO® builder who can make LEGO® building fun, leading workshops for the little LEGO® builders of the future and takes ownership of the LEGOLAND Discovery Center creative workshop.
As well as having the talent and creativity to build with LEGO®, and inspiring children (aged 3-10), the Master Model Builder must also attend media appearances and be comfortable in the public eye. The Master Model Builder will participate in building events, corporate events and PR related activities which will require them to serve as a spokesperson for the attraction.
- You will LOVE working as part of a team and will represent the LEGOLAND Discovery Center in a fun manner with professionalism.
- You will perform daily visual inspection of LEGO® models to ensure quality, safety and overall condition.
- You will participate in the conceptualization, design, production and installation and facilitation of displays and events both internally and externally.
- You will ensure that models removed for maintenance are dealt with expeditiously to minimize duration they are out of attraction.
- You will build LEGO® models as requested by management ensuring that the brief is followed to deliver high quality models on time and on budget.
- You will ensure new designs of improvements to existing models and features are incorporated whenever possible to continually enhance the guest experience.
- You will be responsible to ensure LEGO® models built are consistent with the LEGO® brand and safe for interaction with guests.
- You will represent LEGOLAND Discovery Center and Merlin Entertainments as needed through all media outlets, including but not limited to radio, TV, print, web.
- You will consistently deliver product excellence with all the models and building program throughout the LEGOLAND Discovery Center to guarantee a world class visitor experience for each and every one of our guests.
- You will deliver fun, inspirational and creative model builder workshops to our guests including interacting with guests who are not only in the Workshop, but guests throughout the attraction.
- You will ensure Guest Experience Hosts are well trained in presenting models and are able to build models for show reasons and guide our young visitors to get the most out of their educational play.
- You will support the Technical Manager with general maintenance tasks as required in MINILAND to guarantee product excellence consistently
About The Ultimate Playmaker
- Loves LEGO!
- Background in some form of model making preferred.
- Ability to read drawings and sketches pertaining to model production.
- General knowledge of LEGO elements. Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Talented LEGO builder.
- Love to guide, mentor, teach and coach children (aged 3-10).
- Comfortable in front of a camera and being involved in PR and marketing activities.
- High School Diploma/GED required
About The Benefits
In return you will find a competitive salary and benefits package (including a medical, vision, dental, life insurance and 401(k) matching plan offering), share program opportunities, and benefit from free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extend to family and friends. In addition, you can expect continued growth of joining an exciting, global organization.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is just like jumping into a giant box of LEGO® bricks with an abundance of all things LEGO-tastic! With two exciting LEGO rides, MINILAND featuring the iconic landmarks of the USA, a 4D cinema complete with three films, themed LEGO play and building zones, there are simply more LEGO bricks under one roof than you could ever imagine.
Merlin Entertainments Limited is a business built on fun. We are the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator. We operate over 100 attractions, eight hotels and three holiday villages in 22 countries across four continents and we run some of the best known names in global leisure. These include the likes of SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the Dungeons, the Eye brand, and LEGOLAND. Whether you are serving delicious food, working in the office, maintaining the attractions, entertaining guest or operating rides, the objective is to provide a truly memorable experience and a great day out for all members of the family.
Job Type: Full-time
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment