Community Coordinator, Original Games (Contract) – Crunchyroll – San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco, CA
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
About the Team
We are seeking an ambitious individual to add value as a Community Coordinator, Original Games on our Crunchyroll Games team, the burgeoning mobile game publishing business division. This will be a six month contract role.
The Crunchyroll Games team is growing fast! We are a cross-functional team of highly-motivated people spanning several internal departments — from Business to Marketing to Audience Development to Design. The team works closely with external content providers and licensors to develop and promote mobile games for the Crunchyroll community. We are looking to add a Community Coordinator, Original Games who is self-motivated, capable, and eager to learn. If you are interested in marketing, the mobile gaming and anime community, and interacting with our passionate and lively online following, this might be the job for you!
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and has strong judgment skills for on-the-fly decision making. This role will be representing the Original Games within the Crunchyroll Games brand through various social media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) on different platforms and will be responsible for maintaining quality and focus.
We expect the person in this role to be a fan of gaming and/or mobile gaming – enthusiastic to play and become in-game experts for the properties that they will represent through an authentic voice on social. They will report to the Social Media Manager and work towards defined team goals involving awareness, engagement, and conversions in tandem with overall goals defined by the Senior Marketing Manager of Crunchyroll Games.
Candidates will need to show the ability to manage the daily social content strategy for multiple mobile game properties at once, in addition to fostering the development of larger engagement-focused campaigns. This position may be expected to tend to our social channels on nights and weekends on occasion. We are looking for someone who is a strong culture fit, highly motivated, creative, and excited to engage a passionate fan base.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
A day in the life of our Community Coordinator, Crunchyroll Games:
- Create frequent and compelling original content across social media channels utilizing common media formats including images and video.
- Develop and execute novel marketing campaigns on social media in coordination with the Senior Marketing Manager and Social Media Manager for Crunchyroll Games, as well as other teams and departments.
- Regularly optimize and evaluate current strategies to fit the constantly-evolving social media landscape.
- Meet goals around audience growth and installs on a quarterly basis.
- Keep up with up-to-the-minute social media trends, as well as trends and insights from the anime and gaming community. Communicate audience knowledge to the wider team.
- Maintain Crunchyroll’s authentic tone and personality, while fostering relationships with fans and partners.
- Contribute to team goals around growth, engagement, and awareness, as well as individual goals around lead and revenue generation.
- Simultaneously grow awareness for Original game titles as well as the overarching Crunchyroll Games brand.
- Assist in asset organization and formatting promotional plans for licensor review
- Positively and accurately represent disparate franchises, company initiatives, and partnerships.
- 1-2 years of experience in social media marketing, or a related field (having a strong understanding of social media platforms, best practices, and authentic usage).
- Intermediate to advanced skills with visual design, including experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrate material growth in awareness, engagements and conversion targets (DAU, installs and revenue generated)
- Demonstrated experience working on successful, creative and innovative marketing campaigns.
- Experience with the use of analytics and data to support rapid growth.
- Strong sense of internet culture and trends in content and storytelling.
- Ability to take direction and contribute to team goals.
- Clear and precise communication skills, excellent grammar.
- Respect for anime and its lifestyle and culture, familiarity with fandom communities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a focus in Marketing, Business, or Communications.
- Intermediate to Advanced video editing skills, including experience in Adobe Premiere
- Japanese language skills
- On-camera streaming experience (e.g. Twitch, YouTube, etc.)
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch 4 days per week
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Dog-friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll’s hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll’s services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau (Ellation). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.