Board Operator (On Call) – Bonneville San Francisco – San Francisco, CA
Company: Bonneville San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA
Bonneville San Francisco
Bonneville International has been a leader in broadcasting for over 50 years, with a mission to build up, connect, inform and celebrate communities and families across our markets. We currently own and/or operate 22 radio stations in Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, Sacramento, San Francisco and Salt Lake City, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL TV 5, in Salt Lake. We’re proud of our history, and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
Bonneville San Francisco has an immediate opening for an on call Board Operator. This person will be responsible for providing necessary clerical and operations assistance to assure smooth airing of station’s live, pre-recorded and/or automated programming including assuring reliable, timely, error-free delivery of terrestrial radio and digital media programming, adhering to commercial logs including sales, programming and marketing/promotion spots, contributing digital content for Bonneville San Francisco, which may include re-purposing audio programs, posting to blogs, and utilizing other content platforms and screening incoming phone calls in a professional manner.
- Responsibilities include running the audio control board
- Arranging and playing commercials and IDs according to program and commercial logs following all applicable laws and FCC regulations.
- Help administer contests and answer listener phone calls, including screening listener calls for live shows
- Operate satellite receivers
- Conduct EAS tests
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of the audio studio equipment necessary for on-air broadcasts.
- Must be both a team player who can work with multiple personalities in a creative environment and able to work independently dependent upon shift
- High school education or equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation
- Proven ability for accuracy and follow-through and ability to multi-task effectively
- Candidates must be reliable, dependable and able to work overnights, weekend hours and flexible hours and able to provide coverage for last minute scheduling needs.
- Ability to understand and execute format philosophy and work with a team of other professionals in creating a distinctive sound
- Ability to accept direction and be flexible with changes
- Develop and maintain effective communication with all co-workers and others during the performance of assigned duties. Ability to clearly and accurately communicate, receive and interpret instructions
- Willing to accept responsibility and work under moderate supervision while resolving varied problems, which require general knowledge of company’s policies and procedures.
- Able to work under pressure and effectively handle the stresses of the responsibilities of the position and assure on-air hosts receive material for broadcast on time as the services performed affect company image, clients and the listening audience. Errors may incur financial or time loss
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Prefer experience in operation of broadcast equipment -able to properly operate studio equipment and possess basic production skills.
- One (1) year commercial broadcast experience or equivalent
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.