JOB TITLE: Associate Producer – Narrative
LOCATION: Novato, CA
REPORTS TO: Head of Production
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a hardworking Producer to join us in development of a key title.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the Narrative team and the Narrative content, as well as communication of that content across all disciplines
- Preparation of Recording and Motion Capture materials
- Strive for industry-leading development practices, owning and iterating process, schedules and tracking for the Narrative team
- Manage the day to day tasking and tracking of multi-discipline teams using Shotgun and Jira
- Hold daily virtual stand-ups with your teams; reporting, tracking and helping to solve issues blocking development.
- Work with leads, directors and product owners to plan 2 week sprints; balancing workload, planning and tracking dependencies to deliver runtime goals at the end of each Sprint.
- Analyze and report tracking data during Sprint reviews, use retrospectives to improve the team’s performance.
- Team management and communication across multiple locations and external partners.
- Drive the feature and content specification process with the product owners to build and refine your team’s backlog.
- Collaborate with senior production and project leadership to monitor scope, communicate risk and take action on resulting decisions.
- Learn and utilize proprietary content creation management tools to perform necessary development tasks. (Note – this would be something like learning and using Loctool, something we need certain producers to do. It could also apply to Fusion, LARS or any of our other tools where producers can make their teams more effective by being a part of the pipeline. It also applies to 2K Downloader, Game Launcher, etc).
- Prioritize and assign bugs to current or future sprints for your team.
- Play the game to evaluate sprint progress, communicating with QA and your team to resolve key issues before reviews.
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- People with a passion for great story telling of strong and aspirational characters.
- Great communicators with a ‘how can I help’ attitude and an ability to build strong relationships
- People who are prepared to seek out and solve problems
- Team players who raise issues having at least thought about potential solutions
- Someone with the conviction to make and own their decisions
- Those who are obsessed with striving to improve our craft as developers
- People who fundamentally believe in the mantra “efficient, not just functional” across all of development
- Smart-working people who maximize their time and don’t resort to crunch at the first opportunity
- Those who believe in professional respect and behave with maturity
- Fast learners who thrive on solving problems and stepping out of their immediate comfort zone
- Confident public speakers who can stand up and deliver messages to the team, even difficult ones
- Cool heads under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (but high quality, shipped titles are much more important)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
- Understanding of various production methodologies and an ability to articulate the pros and cons of each
- People with impeccable attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge with using one or more of the following task tracking software: Jira, Shotgun, Hansoft, or MS Project
- Familiarity with Slack and Zoom
- Knowledge of Final Draft a plus (but not required)
- Experience with recording, mocap or television production a plus (but not required)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.