Tuttle Intern – Oregon Public Broadcast – Portland, OR
Company: Oregon Public Broadcast
Location: Portland, OR
Oregon Public Broadcast
Please read all the way to the bottom for important application information.
Jon R. Tuttle was one of Oregon’s most respected broadcast journalists, who passed away in 1991. In honor of his memory OPB established the Jon R. Tuttle Diversity Internship in 1994 to encourage future generations of compassionate broadcasters and journalists. The internship will enable an outstanding student to spend the summer or fall studying the field, full-time, in a hands-on environment.
Applicants for this internship are ethnically diverse. This includes but isn’t limited to, individuals who are American Indian or Alaskan Native, Asian, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, or two or more races.
The internship will be awarded to an applicant who is enrolled at a college, university or community college as at least a junior (or equivalent) or an applicant who has graduated in the past year.
Applicants should be available to work 40 hours per week, typically on weekdays during business hours with some exceptions.
- Applicants should have a strong interest in journalism or production (radio, tv, online).
- Applicants must prepare an essay (not more than 250 words) describing their professional goals and how this internship will help them.
Required Application Materials
Please upload your resume in the Resume section.
In the Upload Other Documents section, please upload the following:
- Cover Letter
- Recent academic transcript (unofficial or official)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must prepare an essay (not more than 250 words) describing their professional goals and how this internship will help them.
What We Offer
- Paid internship ($13.25/hour, full – time for approximately 3 months)
- The intern will be able to participate in a number of forms of journalism (audio, text, video, photo, social media, etc.) and/or production.
- Students will be given opportunities to interact with senior management and a wide array of professionals in their field of study.
- Application deadline is 4pm on February 28, 2020.
- Internship could begin anytime between June and September. Timeline may vary depending on intern’s academic calendar
- The successful applicant will be notified in April.
Please see https://www.opb.org/about/article/faqs-opb-hiring-process/ for any questions about applying.
Application deadline is February 28, 2020 at 4pm.