The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Monday, September 21st, 2020
Company: Fair Housing Council of Oregon
Address: Portland, OR
Fair Housing Council of Oregon
Fair Housing Council of Oregon
Education and Outreach Program Coordinator
The Fair Housing Council of Oregon (FHCO) is a private non-profit civil rights organization committed to promoting equal access to housing for all Oregonians through education, outreach, and enforcement opportunities specifically related to federal, state, and local fair housing laws. Visit our website at www.fhco.org to learn more.
We currently seek an Education and Outreach Coordinator who will engage with the community through offering education, outreach, technical assistance, and fair housing advocacy. This position reports directly to the Education and Outreach Director.
The position will be open until filled. Interviews will begin the week of August 17, 2020
Education and Outreach Specialist Primary Focus Areas:
· Community outreach to a wide variety of target audiences throughout Oregon on fair housing rights and responsibilities. A focus of FHCO is outreach efforts to engage and serve marginalized communities
· Educate and engage a wide variety of target audiences throughout Oregon on fair housing rights and responsibilities. This includes and is not limited to: jurisdictional bodies, housing providers, housing authorities, real estate agents, social service agencies, nonprofits housing providers, adult foster care home providers/assisted living facilities, and consumers
· Assist in coordination and implementation of statewide outreach and education strategies
· Schedule, promote, create, and facilitate fair housing training sessions for tenants, social service organizations, community groups, landlords, students, etc. in person and virtually/on-line throughout Oregon and with special focus on Marion, Polk, and Yamhill Counties
· Coordinate statewide outreach efforts between staff in Southern and Eastern Oregon and assist with collaboration with FHCO’s enforcement team
· Attend key network meetings to engage with housing advocates, social service agencies, housing providers, jurisdictional bodies, and provide technical assistance as needed
· Engage in community outreach about fair housing rights and responsibilities through community events and small group outreach. Target audiences include social service organizations, community groups, landlords, students, etc. throughout Oregon
· Attend and participate in staff, team, and committee meetings
· Promote traveling educational display on the history of discrimination and segregation in Oregon
· Schedule and conduct radio and other interviews; maintain relationships with radio stations, community access television stations and other media outlets
· Enter data on activities to submit in reports to funders
· Participate in development of educational materials
· Perform other duties, as necessary
40 hours per week/medical and dental benefits/public transportation benefits/$21 per hour
To apply, please email a cover letter addressing why you are a good fit for the role and resume to information @ fhco.org. Email applications should have the words “Education and Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. The position will be open until filled. Interviews will begin the week of August 17, 2020 and will be held virtually. No phone calls please.
The Fair Housing Council of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about FHCO please visit our website at www.fhco.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 per hour
While our office is open to staff as a resource, all employees are encouraged to work from home as often as possible.
This Job Is:
Company’s Facebook page: