Part-Time LPL Camera Operator – Alpha media – Portland, OR
Company: Alpha media
Location: Portland, OR
Alpha Media – Portland, OR is seeking a part-time Camera Operator/Videographer with live event experience to join the camera team at our flagship live performance space, the Bloodworks Live Studio, in downtown Portland, OR. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Community Engagement, the Camera Operator will, as part of a team of 3 Camera Operators and 1 Live Technical Director, film live music, talk, and other events relating to Alpha Media Portland’s 7 radio stations.
The ideal candidate is someone who has the ability to be flexible, work professionally in a live taping environment, and react quickly to directions given by the technical director. This position also offers opportunities for work in event management in the Bloodworks Live Studio space.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media operates radio stations in multiple markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are Live, local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Primary Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
- Taking (and reacting quickly to) direction via headset from a technical director during live events
- Capturing content and b-roll of video series content, behind the scenes, etc.
- Assist with crowd control during meet & greets after live sessions
- Occasionally assist with checking guests in from a guest list at the door of the Live Studio
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Availability to work 5-10 hours per week
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds for extended periods
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a camera operator/videographer
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot unexpected problems and fix them quickly
Preference may be given to candidates that meet the above requirements and also have the following:
- Editing experience (AfterEffects, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience filming live music or other live events
- Experience giving direction as a live switcher
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking the Apply button.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.