Multi-Platform Coordinator – NBC Sports Northwest – NBCUniversal – Portland, OR
Location: Portland, OR
- Coordinate and execute all areas of the network’s digital properties and execute a multiplatform digital content strategy, focused around local and regional sports news, coverage of live events as well as collaborating on content with NBC Sports Northwest’s linear programs
- Create timely, relevant written content on aggressive news deadlines quickly executing story assignments, monitoring news sources and identifying possible subjects to cover, writing enticing headlines, selecting proper complementary content such as photos and video, and crafting social media messaging that draws traffic and followers
- As assigned, edit content from NBC Sports Northwest team insiders and reporters to ensure a consistent and appropriate voice, tone and appearance that speaks with our fans.
- Coordinate with the Multiplatform Manager, NBC Sports Northwest colleagues and the NBC Sports digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of content
- Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operation
- Ensure all content, regardless of platform, meets NBC Sports Northwest’s standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Properly prioritize production of content and ensure all has a consistent “feel,” and is engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platforms
- Work with programming and production colleagues as needed to execute editorial strategies and packages
- Monitor and track social media activity of network personnel as well as other local and national media and influencers.
- Bachelors Degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in sports/news digital media (producer, editor, blogger), social media and web content
- Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with demonstrated knowledge of AP style and SEO best practices. Experience producing aggregated content and editing stories in fast-paced news environments a plus
- Solid news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
- Demonstrated proficiency in using social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience effectively working with corporate accounts a plus
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently as needed but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
- Working understanding of HTML and web video editing tools
- Ability to operate camera and audio gear for field shoots
- Previous experience operating Dejero or other live remote TV gear preferred
- High level of knowledge and passion for Northwest sports, teams, and athletes
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, and have a track record in multitasking effectively
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Portland, OR
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBC Sports RSN – Northwest
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.