Head of Pre Vis- Animated Feature- Portland, Oregon – Pearl Studio – Portland, OR
Company: Pearl Studio
Location: Portland, OR
A Pearl Studio and Netflix co-production is looking for a Head of Pre Vis for a CG animated feature. The position begins in March 2020 and is located in Portland, Oregon.
Head of Pre Vis – Animated Feature – Portland, Oregon
The Previs Supervisor is responsible for the creative direction of pre-visualization projects. They collaborate with the film’s Director, Head of Story, Editor, and VFX Supervisor to help visually conceptualize the film. Supervisors decide on internal assignments and schedules, conducting efficient review of artists’ work.
- Work closely with the Director to ensure that their vision is met, constantly improving on their wishes.
- Collaborate with the Director, VFX Supervisor and other creative leads on the film to design & deliver effective previs of key sequences.
- Take responsibility to meet the pressures and demands of a production schedule, working with the Producers and Production Management team to deliver the previs on time and on budget.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure an accurate production schedule is set up and maintained, contribute to bidding stage by assessing work required.
- Work out element, technical and R&D requirements.
- Daily review of assets and shot work in progress.
- Work closely with all departments on pipeline improvements and developments.
- Mentor and support the previs artists on their team, motivate and provide effective feedback to artist, train artists and understand how to develop artist abilities, set goals/deadlines.
- Continuous self-improvement, uses cross functional knowledge to trouble shoot problems.
- Confidence to contribute to the pre-production process as a key creative with a willingness to form a strong bond with the director, and other departments such as: vfx, editorial, production design.
- Communications to TTF production on current and foreseen problems that will need to be addressed.
- Extensive experience in feature animation including recent studio based supervision experience.
- Versed in film grammar, composition and editorial decisions.
- Extensive experience of Autodesk Maya.
- Experience in After Effects.
- Experience of working to tight budgets and timelines.
- Strong & proven leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
- A solid knowledge of Previs/VFX/CG shot production and its iteration process.
- Strong creative and technical skills in photo-realistic 3D animation and competency in all other areas of 3D including modelling, texturing, lighting, FX and rendering.
- A desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging work.
- A vivid imagination.
Strong Autodesk Maya
Adobe After Effect
Autodesk Motion Builder
Please include link to reel with submission.