Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Communications and Public Engagement, the Educational Cable Television Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and operation of TV ETC educational cable television channels and video production projects. This position is part-time, working 32 hours per week, over 260 days (12 months) per year.
Essential Functions/Other Functions
- Coordinate the activities of TV ETC, a non-profit organization, including ongoing budgeting, tracking of expenses and revenue, soliciting programming from schools, and developing long-term revenue planning.
- Coordinate local educational cable consortium meetings, includes preparing agendas, minutes and special reports.
- Oversee a professional playback operation of TV ETC channels and supervise the playback operator.
- Oversee the PEG Capital Fund Grant program for TV ETC members including grant writing and compiling; the bidding process; procurement of awarded equipment; tracking and submitting of invoices; and submitting of all required grant documentation to the City of Vancouver.
- Serve as the liaison and present progress reports for TV ETC at periodic Telecommunications Commission meetings.
- Produce videos for school districts including informational bond and levy, profiles, district initiatives, and other videos as assigned.
- Generate public relations materials for local press and consortium members.
- Research and select video equipment for production and digital playback system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum/Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in video production, digital communications or a related field OR high school diploma or GED and five years of experience in video production, digital communications or related field.
- Experience with Macintosh and/or PC computers.
- Experience in video production including writing, camera operation, lighting, audio, and editing.
- Experience using MS Office, Final Cut Pro/Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, encoding software.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in coordinating programming on public access or education channels.
- Experience in video production.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in graphic design.
- Experience with coordinating cable television program activities.
Working Conditions/Employment Requirements
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Office/studio environment; requires occasional travel within region and state.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Employment Requirements – ESD job offer is contingent upon satisfying the following:
- Successful completion of a criminal history check through the WA State Patrol.
Educational Service District 112 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $54,462.72 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- coordinating programming on public access/education channel: 2 years (Preferred)
- coordinating cable television program activities: 1 year (Preferred)
- video production: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative