The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Friday, September 25th, 2020
Company: Trial Guides
Address: Portland, OR
Trial Guides, an established and successful e-commerce / publishing company, seeks a talented full time continuing education specialist, who wants to see his or her contributions have a significant impact. Based in Portland, Oregon, we publish books and media for doctors and lawyers, with a growing business in both web based continuing education and live unaccredited webinars. Our products and continuing education events help our customers obtain personal and social justice for hundreds of thousands of people every year. Our authors and speakers are leading professionals in their field.
We are seeking a full time position for our Continuing Legal Education department to significantly increase our business doing web based continuing education events.
Our company requires intelligent, self-motivated people who will work well setting up both web based events, as well as occasional live events for between 40 – 300 participants with the nation’s leading lawyers and litigation experts. This position is full time, and (under normal circumstances) involves occasional national travel to the live events. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
The job will involve setting up 50-120 webinars per year, and up to two live events per year.
Responsibilities for web based learning system:
– Contact and develop working relationships with webinar speakers both to engage them for webinars, but also to assist them in understanding the technical requirements of the session before the event
– Assist in sending and completing contracts with webinar speakers for the live webinar, use in our on-demand system, and resulting royalties
– Assisting in writing timed agendas for the live event and subsequent on-demand program.
– Obtaining speaker materials, and creation of a PDF to send to all attendees as the CLE written materials
– Ensuring that the speaker materials are correctly linked to the product page so that participants are able to download the materials associated with the webinar
– Under the direction of the Director of Continuing Education, completing and sending the applications for continuing legal education credit to multiple state for both forthcoming webinars, and also on existing media products not yet certified
– Ensuring the event is recorded for use in streaming service and creation of physical media products
– Starting the webinar, opening comments, and introducing the speaker
– Overseeing the live webinar as it occurs
– Working with video editors to coordinate the loading of educational programs into our on-demand web program (CE21)
– Setting up web pages for both new live webinars, and on-demand products
– Entering back end data for accreditation into our on-demand system
– Report the CLE/CE hours to the respective states of attendees
– Assist in obtaining sponsors for the webinar system and events.
Responsibilities for live events:
– Work with the Director of Continuing Education and the owner to help secure locations of interest to our customers, with optimal lecture halls and trade show space
– Assist in obtaining vendors and sponsors for the live events
– Assist in sending and completing contracts with speakers for the live event, resulting video products and royalties
– Obtaining speaker materials, and creating a PDF to send to all attendees with the CLE written materials
– Overseeing the applications for continuing legal education credit to multiple state
– Organize travel to the events
– Working with others to create advertising and graphics to promote each event
– Develop working relationships with our authors who speak at events
– Interact with our eCommerce team to drive eCommerce sales for the event
– Report the CLE hours to the respective states of attendees.
Additional job requirements:
· Work well in a group. We have a small, intelligent, and cohesive group. We like doing what we do! We share ideas and help each other, we pitch in, and we get things done. We need someone who can help us find effective new methods of engaging our demographic with high quality continuing education, and expanding our demographic through webinars for new areas of the legal field.
· Be creative and intensely interested in ongoing learning in their field.
· Work well without supervision.
· Except for bad weather days (or a pandemic), be prepared to work full time and on site in our NW Portland office. (Please note that relocation assistance is not available.)[We are all working from home presently.]
· Copywriting experience is a plus.
· Experience with online education is highly valued.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
· Familiarity with Mac OS and GSuite.
· Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, video editing, or any other design programs is a plus, but not required.
Personal experience & characteristics:
· Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
· Able to plan ahead and work with deadlines.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent time and project management skills.
· Able to prioritize and re-prioritize workload as priorities shift.
· An excellent eye for details.
· A strong work ethic.
· Excellent spelling and word usage.
· Commitment to excellent customer service.
· The ability to resolve problems that may occur during an event in a professional manner.
· Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills.
This is a full-time position that must be performed on-site in our office in Portland, OR [except while under state ordered COVID-19 quarantine]. No remote candidates will be considered. Any moving expenses involved will be the responsibility of the candidate. Pay is based upon experience. Excellent benefits package includes low-deductible, high-quality medical plan with alternative health benefits, and 401(k) with matching contribution. Includes paid vacation and sick days.
Strong references required.
Please submit your resume via PDF
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
Our staff continues to operate remotely until further data on COVID-19 supports a return to work at our office.
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is: