Blazer5 Gaming Videographer (Contract) – Trail Blazers, Inc – Portland, OR
Company: Trail Blazers, Inc
Location: Portland, OR
Trail Blazers, Inc
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we bring people together to create extraordinary moments and lasting memories through the power of sports and entertainment. Our organization has an opportunity and responsibility to positively impact our staff, players, fans, and community. As such, we are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community.
We ask that you join us in this journey, and that you continue to advance this work within your own sphere of influence. We are all in this together – after all, we are all part of Rip City!
ARE YOU A BUILDER?
With any new league, franchise or organization, you’ll face challenges with no roadmap to overcome them. As we are participating within the first esports league to be run exclusively by a professional sports league, Blazer5 Gaming is seeking out individuals who are committed to paving the way for those who come after them.
GROW WITH THE TEAM.
As a new league and franchise, we’re continuously learning. We are looking for someone who is quick to learn, and champions change. As our Videographer, you’ll play a hands-on role in developing narratives, collaborating with our digital and marketing team, and producing all of the content that our organization publishes.
THE GAME PLAN.
This is a great chance to initiate your career in sports, esports, or entertainment. You’ll work closely with players and staff to capture and edit content, develop storylines and cover the Blazer5 Gaming season. You will travel with the team to every event to provide daily on-site coverage.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Capturing and editing all content associated with Blazer5 Gaming.
- Collaborating with the esports digital content team to develop and deliver compelling storylines surrounding the team.
- Traveling with the team to capture content while on the road and in competition.
- Supporting the execution of our team’s social media engagement strategy.
- Other tasks as assigned.
YOU ARE QUALIFIED IF:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or 1-3 years of experience focused in digital media, videography, or photography.
- You have previous experience in a videographer role capturing both photos and videos – concert or event experience preferred.
- You are proficient in shooting with Sony G series of cameras and have a knowledge of lenses and camera functions.
- You are familiar with Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. You aren’t shy about asking for assistance when needed.
- You can build and maintain constructive and positive working relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You manage your time and are confident with deadlines.
- You are a self-starter who can take an idea and run with it from start to finish.
Our Blazer5 Gaming Videographer will join us for the 2020 Season starting mid-February 2020 and wrapping up in August 2020.
Offers of employment will be conditioned on an individualized assessment of background check results after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.