Video Specialist/ Cinematographer/ Generalist – Commonwealth Charter Academy – Harrisburg, PA
Company: Commonwealth Charter Academy
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Commonwealth Charter Academy
Working from our Capital Campus Family Service Center, the Video Specialist will use professional equipment and the Adobe Creative Suite to film and edit K-12 standards-aligned videos that build 21st Century skills.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Film and create instructional and promotional videos with other designers, students, and staff.
- Operate and maintain professional camera equipment
- Edit video and multimedia content using Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Develop content outlines, storyboards, and scripts for self-paced and/or interactive eLearning modules for online courses.
- Research new content and interview subject matter experts to assess and validate training content.
- Build eLearning modules, screencast videos, and other multimedia resources.
- Design eLearning templates and frameworks for web and mobile delivery.
- Create graphics, animations, videos, and other visual elements using CCA brand/style and writing guidelines.
- Create and select graphics that enhance the enhance the learning experience.
- Integrate and edit video content, audio voiceover, sound, and music to enhance the learning experience and accessibility
- Recommend other eLearning development tools, templates, and platforms as needed.
- Work closely with the design team to develop eLearning modules, videos and other multimedia to enhance the courses.
- Work closely with other departments and staff within the school to collaborate on promotional videos.
- Organize and implement trainings related to the courses and content area for new and veteran staff
- Support video creation with students for academic clubs and courses.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience working with technology, film, or editing software.
· Bachelors in film/television production, education, instructional design/technology or related field.
- Proven expertise in cinematography, lighting, and staging.
- Proven expertise in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Knowledge of instructional design, development and delivery methodologies is ideal.
- A great design eye that pays close attention to layout and detail.
- Ability to be flexible and work independently on required project tasks.
- Flexible, independent, motivated, innovative, open minded, and creative individual with experience designing online learning opportunities for learners.
- Understanding and ability to apply a backwards design philosophy for unit and lesson planning using our curriculum maps
- Must be able to work full time at the Harrisburg CCA Family Service Center
- Excellent technology skills and ability to use to learn a variety of programs quickly and fluidly
- Experience using various LMS platforms
- Experience of general crew duties on film/television shoots
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud programs or other design tools
- Ability to meet deadlines and work within established guidelines for course design
- Collaborative and participatory, with an interest in detail, design and online learning models.
- Must be a team player willing to work towards a consensus on design issues and problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach with a high degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary
- Willingness to travel on occasion (will require occasional overnight travel)
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations as needed.
· Travel will be required for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Design, film, or editing experience with Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, certificate, or experience in film production, education, or related fields
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· CV or Resume required, and demo reel of work preferred
· Valid PA Driver’s License
· Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Commonwealth Charter Academy is an equal opportunity employment, educational and service organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent film industry experience
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply on the company website at: https://www.applitrack.com/ccaeducate/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=2245
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement