Video Coordinator for Men’s Basketball – La Salle University
Company: La Salle University
Location: Philadelphia, PA
La Salle University
This position serves as the video coordinator for the men’s basketball program. This position requires travel with the team to film away games and digitally index all • Provide support to the Head and Assistant Men’s Basketball Coaches in all areas related to video production and management.
- Manage all video-related activities for the University’s Men’s Basketball program, including the coordination, management, and video analysis of practice, opponents, and game film for study, development and scouting purposes.
- Coordinate taping of games via satellite, internet, television, and other social media outlets.
- Administers each area of film exchange program with opponents.
- Ability to supervise staff of managers in video support including filming schedule. Games for live instantaneous breakdowns to be used post game.
- Provides recommendations to head coach for future opponent scheduling.
- Assist with men’s basketball camp programming and production.
- Assist with all on campus recruiting visits and other recruiting duties.
- Know, understand, and be responsible for all compliance with rules, regulations, and philosophies of the NCAA, various conferences, and La Salle University, including La Salle rules, regulations, policies, procedures, handbooks and manuals, applicable to the program and to the students and athletes at La Salle.
- Responsibility for compliance with NCAA Bylaw 10.1 (ethical conduct) and NCAA Bylaw 11.2 (contractual agreements).
- Responsible for compliance with all rules, regulations, and principles of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Atlantic 10 Conference and any other conference with which the University may have an affiliation, and with the policies and procedures of La Salle University.
- Responsible for compliance with all of the regulations of Title IX related to Athletics in the administration of all-intercollegiate athletic programs, policies, and procedures.
- Report immediately all suspected or alleged NCAA and conference eligibility problems, rules infractions, and disciplinary actions to the Director of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics. Report immediately all suspected or alleged violations of law, and suspected or alleged violations of La Salle rules, regulations, policies, procedures, handbooks and manuals to the Director of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics.
- As a representative of the University, lead and behave in an exemplary fashion especially by demonstrating reasonable self-control.
- Refrain from any physical and/or verbal abuse of student-athletes, referees, or any persons associated with the Atlantic 10 Conference or the University
- Create a positive environment for student-athletes by communicating clearly and fairly with each student-athlete on matters, which affect his/her development including academic, physical, social, spiritual and athletic issues.
- Promote principles of sportsmanlike and ethical conduct in the program, which support fundamental values of respect, fairness, civility, honesty, and responsibility among student-athletes, staff and fans.
- Accept no speaking engagement for money, endorsements, or any other outside employment at any time without prior approval of the Athletic Director.
- Communicate with your direct supervisor on itineraries and vacation plans.
- Promote the University in general, and athletics in particular to include, but not limited to:
# of Direct Reports
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two (2) years of experience in video production, social media content creation, and/or live video production.
- 3-4 years in a college basketball support staff or coaching role.
- Knowledge of current technology-based systems and software applications (i.e. PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, internet-Email, web pages)
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission to the mission of La Salle University
- Successful background check clearances to include a PA Criminal Records Check, FBI
- Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check.
• Specialized knowledge of video software and sports video editing programs (i.e. XO’s, DragonFly, Synergy,…etc.)• Valid driver’s license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Ability to stand for at least 6 hours
- Must have flexibility and be able to sustain long work hours including evenings, early morning and weekends.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Position may require travel.
Special Instructions to Applicant