Valley Preferred Cycling Center Summer Videographer Internship – Valley Preferred Cycling Center – Breinigsville, PA
Company: Valley Preferred Cycling Center
Location: Breinigsville, PA
Valley Preferred Cycling Center
Position Title: 2020 Videographer Intern
Reporting to: Events & Communication Manager
Compensation: Unpaid, College credit can be earned
Course Description: The Valley Preferred Cycling Center offers one (1) part-time Videographer Internship for a student looking to gain valuable experience in action sports documentation. Our cycling track facility, known as a velodrome, hosts international competitions for athletes pursuing an Olympic starting spot in Tokyo. Students will be documenting Olympians, World Champions, and Olympic hopefuls alongside local heros for our 2020 season. This internship allows the student to work closely with VPCC’s communications team and its staff to enhance the coverage of all the VPCC’s events through social media and traditional media campaigns. The student will work one-on-one with our media team for weekly formal reviews of their work, function in multiple roles during the events including Video Tech, quick edits, and filming.
Portfolio: 1-2 video examples of 3min or less each. Selections should be submitted with application via YouTube or Vimeo.
Timeline: The internship is 15 weeks, beginning May 19 through August 21.
Hours and Expectations: Interns are expected to be present for all Friday night World Series of Bicycling race events (4:30pm – 11pm). Interns are required to also photograph a minimum of three (3) Saturday Master’s & Rookies racing sessions (11am – 2pm), Tuesday evening ProAm Series (5pm – 10pm) and be flexible for availability for select other scheduled events.
Deliverables: include edited and formatted for social media selections with a minimum of a 2 minute highlight reel per week. Content will be posted on the VPCC YouTube Channel, Instagram, Instagram Story, Facebook.
Collaboration with our team is essential.
Dress: Comfortable attire for walking around the venue during your sessions. Green vests and access passes will be provided.
Experience and Requirements
- Provide your own recording and post producing equipment
- Proficiency with DSLR or mirrorless cameras and multiple focal length lenses
- Understanding of GoPro camera (limited number provided by VPCC)
- Post-Production editing software such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
- Instagram, Instagram Stories, IGTV, Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter
- Deliverables optimized for social media
- Familiar with collaborative tools such as Dropbox, Google Drive, YouTube, Vimeo, WeTransfer
- Experience in sports photography is recommended but not required.
Responsibility Includes but not limited to:
- Work with Events & Communication Manager each week to plan highlight reel(s)
- Execute filming during event, including the bike mounted GoPros
- Export, edit and prepare videos from events for publication on the website and social media
- Work in a collaborative team environment with all staff positions
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Other forms
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- College Credit
- Weekends required