Please read carefully. Do not apply if your resume or cover letter does not explain your relevant experience.
Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments are (but not limited to):
- Maintain and upkeep the studio. (Trash, minimal cleaning, etc)
- Scheduling and updating the studio calendar regularly.
- Basic administrative tasks.
- Manage equipment prep, equipment check in/check outs and equipment rentals. (Must be familiar with film/photo equipment)
- Help on set as a production assistant and equipment manager.
- Assist with production paperwork, filing, etc.
- Booking events, hotels, rentals, etc.
- Opportunity to build your resume in all areas of film production and project management.
- A chance to give and receive creative input.
- Opportunity to work with a small but dedicated team, in a friendly but fast-paced environment.
- Included in team building events and activities.
- Paid hourly ($11-14 an hour, depending on experience), with vacation days after 1 year of employment.
Successful Applicant Qualities:
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in film production or communications.
- Creativity, problem-solving, and strong technical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and take initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to take constructive criticism as a means to grow professionally.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Film set experience.
- Experience with film and photo equipment.
- Knowledge of Mac platforms and software.
- Must have access to a reliable car and live within 45 mins of the studio (Northern Liberties, Philadelphia).
- Must be an excellent, detail-oriented writer and engaging, personable communicator over the phone, via email, and in person.
* Do not call – we will reach out if you are the right fit. * LaVelle reserves the right to put candidate on a 1 month paid trial before committing to a full time position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Studio Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Film Set: 2 years (Required)
- Film and Photo Equipment: 2 years (Required)
- Philadelphia, PA (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)