Post Production Intern – LaVelle Productions – Philadelphia, PA
Company: LaVelle Productions
Location: Philadelphia, PA
LP Post Production Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout their internship, in line with their personal interests and career goals. This internship is UNPAID.
- Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments are provided below:
- Categorize and annotate footage
- Act as assistant editor in helping to determine usable footage and creating rough cuts
- Create teaser videos for social media, including shorts and time lapses
- Assist with social media strategy and execution on various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.)
- Assist with pre-production process, including equipment prep and check out, and administrative tasks
- Act as production assistant (runner, assistant camera, sound, interview and scene notes, equipment setup and breakdown, etc.)
- Pre Production and Research
- Finding and organizing relevant news articles and archival video
- Collect background material on notable subjects (ie: interviewees, historic events, etc.)
- Develop relevant interview questions for subjects
Successful Applicant Qualities:
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week in Philadelphia starting as soon as possible.
- Must live within 40 miles of Northern Liberties, Philadelphia.
- Must be at least a Sophomore in college or university studying film, documentary, journalism, and/or communications
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in production and/or post-production
- Passion for visual storytelling
- Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Creativity, problem-solving, and strong technical and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to prioritize, multitask, and take initiative to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to take constructive criticism as a means to grow professionally
- Any experience on set or in a professional setting is preferred
- Knowledge of Mac platforms and software
- Working knowledge of Premiere Pro and/or any relevant programs in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of photography is a plus
Please do not call – we will review your application and schedule an interview if your resume fits the requirements of our internship. Thank you!
Job Type: Internship
- Film Set: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Premiere: 1 year (Required)
- Philadelphia, PA (Required)