Photographer – American Eagle Outfitters – Pittsburgh, PA
Company: American Eagle Outfitters
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
American Eagle Outfitters
Photographer with a strong aesthetic who understands how to combine creative lighting, framing and talent to produce compelling images.
- Photograph and/or manage photography of all images for AEO Ecomm including, but not limited to: On-body, Looks, Guides, and Laydowns
- Support on-location “collection” photo shoots
- Concept and execute photo shoots with Photo/Creative Directors and Stylists (on figure to product laydowns, including accessories) to ensure seasonal brand alignment.
- Operate and maintain digital photography equipment, including computers, cameras and studio lighting.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Determine the best steps for intended output-print or Web and be trained in all digital photography technology
- Photograph images for marketing purposes as needed for print production
- Maintain photograph library by electronically filing photographs; maintaining database.
- Manage freelancers, and Photo Extern/Students
- Stay abreast of changes in technology, striving to improve quality.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Some travel possible.
- Degree in Photography, BA, BFA or equivalent
- 5+ yrs experience in studio operating digital photo equipment and/or photo production; 2+ yrs of on-line experience (preferred)
- Proficiency with Cannon/Phase cameras, Broncolor lighting Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and ability to operate Mac OS X systems
- Creative/energetic/approachable personality who works well within a photo team and talent and cross-functional partners
- Familiarity with Digital, film, polaroid and other alternative photo capturing techniques
- Highly creative while understanding retail and business needs
- Strong knowledge in studio strobe lighting as well as continuous and daylight scenarios
- Some experience or knowledge of digital image workflows and video captured is preferred
- Trained on color management theories through digital photography and in all digital photography technology
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting