Full-Time Education Coordinator – ArtsQuest – Bethlehem, PA
Location: Bethlehem, PA
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of ArtsQuest’s multi-disciplinary educational outreach programs across all programming pillars. These year-round programs impact over 10,000 youth and adults annually. Education programs include but are not limited to visual arts, music, film, comedy, spoken word and dance that support ArtsQuest’s mission of engaging community through the arts.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary education programs that support ArtsQuest’s mission to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural and educational experiences promoting individual and community creativity, enlightenment and fulfillment.
- Develop and maintain program schedules.
- Serve as main point of contact for education programs internally and externally.
- Communicate with key constituents to determine the scope of programs to be offered.
- Coordinate schedules for in-school, after-school, field trip and summer programs for K – 12 students.
- Communicate program information to partners in schools, school districts, and other educational institutions.
- Serve as ArtsQuest liaison with area schools and school districts.
- Develop content for gallery tours for school and adult groups.
- Lead tours for K-12 school groups and adult tours as needed.
- Research trends in arts education to inform the development of future programs.
- Work with Programming and Education staff to interview and select instructors based on areas of expertise.
- Facilitate program evaluation including student and teacher surveys, as well as on-site observations.
- Coordinate education and outreach programs for a diverse cross-section of community members to include but not limited to youth, adults, seniors, neighborhood residents, those with disabilities, educators and the community-at-large.
- Collaborate with Education staff on needs for marginalized groups in our community and develop programs that respond to those needs.
- Assist in the facilitation of guest lecturers from academic institutions, community, industry, and other establishments to augment educational facilitators in the presentation of classes.
- Implement education and outreach policies and procedures.
- Assist in the budget process for education and outreach activities and programs.
- May teach classes and/or speak before school and community groups and appear on radio or television to promote programs.
- May collaborate with the Volunteer Department to train volunteers to assist in the presentation of classes or tours.
- Coordinate ArtsQuest educational activities with those of other area organizations to maximize the utilization of resources.
- Train Education interns to assist in classrooms, do research and lead tours.
- Assist instructors in preparation of course descriptions and informational materials and work with the Marketing Department to develop marketing strategies for the promotion of education programs.
Note: This job description represents the essential functions of the position but is not all-inclusive. This position may be assigned and expected to handle other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or another related field; at least 2 years’ experience in a related field.
- Knowledge and experience with the public education system; knowledge of and previous experience of engagement with schools.
- Ability to implement multiple projects simultaneously; ability to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Organized, self-motivated and energetic work ethic.
- Ability to be very flexible in any work environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with community partners, schools and art educators.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing;
- Team player; a high level of organization, collaboration, and business savvy.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule is necessary; the ability to work weekends or evening hours for classes, workshops and during special events, and the ability to travel locally and regionally to visit other cultural arts centers when necessary.
- Ability to attend fundraising events as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, either verbally and/or in writing. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to lift up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee is frequently required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation as well as to meet with potential donors. The employee may be frequently required to travel offsite for business meetings as needed.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation, and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b)-retirement savings plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals and events.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer