Film Production Intern- Line Producer – Soundsight Productions – Philadelphia, PA
Company: Soundsight Productions
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Do you have a dream to work in film/media production once you graduate from university? If the answer is yes, then Soundsight is the company for you. We want you to join Soundsight Productions as a production assistant intern and put your creative skills to work as you work in multiple areas of the production process.
You will exercise your multitasking abilities as you assist in everything from pre-production, production and post-production. You will be developing ideas, filming content, editing and performing any task required, whether it is handling the lighting, conducting research or running errands. You will have the opportunity to build relationships in the industry to strengthen your chances of finding employment upon graduation while also having an amazing experience as part of our production staff. Employ your organizational skills as you coordinate different aspects of the production to ensure that all aspects remain on time.
A Line Producer’s main priority is to create and manage the budget of a production, as they are responsible for the financial facets of a film. This position requires an expert knowledge of the entire production process. You must be able to manage simultaneous projects, and your approach to the process must be detail-oriented.
This position requires the highest level of professionalism, with the ability to work closely with Soundsight Productions staff through professional communication and etiquette. You will also be responsible for driving high standards for the content Soundsight Productions creates-assisting on multiple projects delivering both short-form and long-form content, as well as any other new formats we engage with in the future.
- Creates, implements and drives highly effective production plans for physical production while collaborating and working with producers, directors, strategists, and executives
- Generate individual production budget estimates and manage working budgets and actuals
- Provides input in all phases of content production to ensure that the creative vision can be delivered at the highest production value while meeting budget expectations
- Hires, negotiates and clearly defines rates and working conditions for crews
- Actualizing and tracking production budgets across the production department
- Expert negotiator with obtaining favorable deals and discounts with vendors
- Ability to field produce when required
- Helps prepare production schedule, budget, and shoot date with director/other department heads
- Set up production office
- Monitor progress of production team
- Source equipment and suppliers for said equipment
At Soundsight Productions, a Line Producer creates, implements and drives highly effective production plans for physical production while collaborating and working with producers, directors, strategists, and executives. From there, the LP will help to manage all aspects of production such as the schedule, budget, and finalizing the shoot date with the director/producer(s); maintaining financial awareness throughout all phases of production.
- 2.7 GPA
- High School Diploma
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S.
- Flexible Schedule: available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Necessary means of transportation/ Ability to travel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective project management, tracking and organizational skills
- Ability to to solve production issues, limitations, and pushing production and creative capabilities
- Exceptional organization and management skills
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and managing video productions
Unpaid Internship. Intern will receive course credit with university and experience with hands-on film productions; in pre-production, production and post-production.
Soundsight is a Philadelphia/Los Angeles based video marketing, advertising, and film production company, combining expertise in filmmaking with an understanding of the digital space. The company produces feature films, short films, branded films and commercials with bold storytelling, cinematic value, and exciting creativity.
Soundsight was created with the idea that every client we work with and every script our team produces showcases nothing short of quality and shows passion in every detail. That each and every story brought to life does justice to the film industry and art itself. There’s a beauty in film and a landscape to create and explore new innovate ways to tell stories. Soundsight is a company that pushes boundaries of film-making and challenges companies to connect with new and existing audiences in ways they have never before.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $500.00 /hour
- Please provide a link to your portfolio with resume.