Film Production Intern- Director of Photography – Soundsight Productions – Philadelphia, PA
Company: Soundsight Productions
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Do you have a dream to work in film/media production once you graduate from university? If the answer is yes, then Soundsight is the company for you. We want you to join Soundsight Productions as a production assistant intern and put your creative skills to work as you work in multiple areas of the production process.
You will exercise your multitasking abilities as you assist in everything from pre-production, production and post-production. You will be developing ideas, filming content, editing and performing any task required, whether it is handling the lighting, conducting research or running errands. You will have the opportunity to build relationships in the industry to strengthen your chances of finding employment upon graduation while also having an amazing experience as part of our production staff. Employ your organizational skills as you coordinate different aspects of the production to ensure that all aspects remain on time.
- The Director of Photography has a myriad of responsibilities and they all serve the purpose of applying the director’s vision onto the camera; they are also responsible for everything related to cameras, lenses, filters, and lighting. The DP is an integral part of our mission to bring compelling stories and striking visuals to every film we create.
This position requires the highest level of professionalism, with the ability to work closely with Soundsight Productions staff through professional communication and etiquette. You will also be responsible for driving high standards for the content Soundsight Productions creates-assisting on multiple projects delivering both short-form and long-form content, as well as any other new formats we engage with in the future.
- Works with director and art department in pre-production to plan the essence of the film (look and feel) by choosing/maintaining the appropriate color palette, lighting, mood/tone
- Scout locations with the locations department
- Assess a location for it’s light and aligning look with what the director has in mind
- Communicates to the line producer what the needed camera and light equipment are
- Assemble a camera and lighting crew
- Responsible for composing and framing a shot, as well as movement of the camera
- Assists the colorist with the color grading process
At Soundsight Productions LLC, the Director of Photography will gain technical proficiency with high end cinema cameras, stabilization systems, and lenses. The DP will also obtain thorough understanding of lighting techniques, light colour, shade and manipulation and be able to communicate a creative vision clearly and humbly with a team minded big picture sensitivity.
- 2.7 GPA
- High school diploma preferred
- Flexible Schedule: ability to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Necessary means of transportation/Ability to travel
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S.
Unpaid Internship. Intern will receive course credit with university and experience with hands-on film productions; in pre-production, production and post-production.
Soundsight is a Philadelphia/Los Angeles based video marketing, advertising, and film production company, combining expertise in filmmaking with an understanding of the digital space. The company produces feature films, short films, branded films and commercials with bold storytelling, cinematic value, and exciting creativity.
Soundsight was created with the idea that every client we work with and every script our team produces showcases nothing short of quality and shows passion in every detail. That each and every story brought to life does justice to the film industry and art itself. There’s a beauty in film and a landscape to create and explore new innovate ways to tell stories. Soundsight is a company that pushes boundaries of film-making and challenges companies to connect with new and existing audiences in ways they have never before.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $500.00 /hour
- Please provide a link to your portfolio with resume.