Film Production Intern- 2nd Assistant Camera – Soundsight Productions – Philadelphia, PA
Company: Soundsight Productions
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Do you have a dream to work in film/media production once you graduate from university? If the answer is yes, then Soundsight is the company for you. We want you to join Soundsight Productions as a production assistant intern and put your creative skills to work as you work in multiple areas of the production process. You will exercise your multitasking abilities as you assist in everything from pre-production, production and post-production. You will be developing ideas, filming content, editing and performing any task required, whether it is handling the lighting, conducting research or running errands. You will have the opportunity to build relationships in the industry to strengthen your chances of finding employment upon graduation while also having an amazing experience as part of our production staff. Employ your organizational skills as you coordinate different aspects of the production to ensure that all aspects remain on time.
The 2nd Assistant Camera person will provide a basic level of support to the 1st AC and camera team. The successful candidate will have a basic knowledge of camera equipment.
This position requires the highest level of professionalism, with the ability to work closely with Soundsight Productions staff through professional communication and etiquette. You will also be responsible for driving high standards for the content Soundsight Productions creates-assisting on multiple projects delivering both short-form and long-form content, as well as any other new formats we engage with in the future.
- Support all members of the camera team in their duties and responsibilities;
- Under supervision support work on the rigging, de-rigging and preparation of electronic cameras and equipment including line-up and checking equipment performance and safety
- Support the operation of an electronic camera according to the briefing and cueing, to obtain film pictures to meet the artistic and technical requirements of the production
- Support the operation or direction of camera mountings and associated cabling to meet the artistic and technical requirements of the production
- Assist in the resolution of operational problems of camera position, and movement and shot feasibility
- An understanding of the development of techniques associated with new equipment and production demands
- Filling out of camera reports if required
- Following appropriate training, assist the 1st Assistant Camera and team in their performance of general operational duties including:
- Sound, camera and vision systems rigging, movement and de-rigging
- Monitor, projection equipment, prompting devices rigging, movement and de-rigging
- Cable handling
- Responsible for the clapper board
At Soundsight Productions LLC, the 2nd Assistant Camera will gain proper knowledge and experience in how to operate professional camera equipment to maintain the integrity of the shots in a film production. The 2nd AC will become skilled in learning basic operational skills such as focus, white balance, color correction, camera movements, proper shutter speed, and other techniques to help ensure the project meets the overall artistic vision.
Unpaid Internship. Intern will receive course credit with university and experience with hands-on film productions; in pre-production, production and post-production.
- 2.7 GPA
- High school diploma preferred
- Flexible Schedule: ability to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Necessary means of transportation/Ability to travel
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S.
Soundsight is a Philadelphia/Los Angeles based video marketing, advertising, and film production company, combining expertise in filmmaking with an understanding of the digital space. The company produces feature films, short films, branded films and commercials with bold storytelling, cinematic value, and exciting creativity.
Soundsight was created with the idea that every client we work with and every script our team produces showcases nothing short of quality and shows passion in every detail. That each and every story brought to life does justice to the film industry and art itself. There’s a beauty in film and a landscape to create and explore new innovate ways to tell stories. Soundsight is a company that pushes boundaries of film-making and challenges companies to connect with new and existing audiences in ways they have never before.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $500.00 /hour
- Please attach a link to your portfolio with your resume.