Director of Video, Sound & Lighting – Dare to Imagine Church, Inc. – Philadelphia, PA
Company: Dare to Imagine Church, Inc.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Dare to Imagine Church, Inc.
The Director of Video, Sound & Lighting (VSL)’s role is to support the worship experiences, ministry events, large outside rental groups, volunteer staff management, as well as maintaining in-house visual, audio and lighting equipment. This includes operating, maintaining, distributing, installing, configuring, repairing, and upgrading electronic equipment while ensuring their optimal performance. The Director of VSL serves under the direction of the Lead Pastor and Director of Creative Worship in order to coordinate the Sunday morning production teams, with a specific focus on ensuring quality sound mixing for all services.
· Oversee technical needs for all Sunday morning worship services (live video, sound and lighting)
· Coordinate with worship leaders (pastors, music directors) to identify weekly technical needs within worship; collaborate with producer to develop weekly worship script to communicate cues to volunteer teams.
· Build Proclaim display presentations for weekly worship services and events
· Design house and stage lighting appropriate for worship and event settings.
· Oversee video editing for webcast archive.
· Research and remain current on technical products available, and keep the ministry as up-to-date as allowed by the A/V Media budget.
· Ensure proper maintenance and functioning of A/V equipment throughout the church, including scheduling the repair and or replacement of faulty equipment as needed.
· Function as a Technical Coordinator in the tech booth for live production; ensuring issues are resolved quickly and with minimal negative impact on weekend services and special events.
· Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience as a staff member in a Worship & Arts ministry or other related production support capacity.
· Possession of a BS/BA Degree in Audio Engineering, Film, Video Production, Graphic Design or related field is a plus.
· Self-starter, organized, and possessing the ability to see major projects through to completion, resolving issues as needed along the way.
· Strong, committed follower of Jesus Christ who embraces the mission of Dare to Imagine
· Experience with setup and operation of analog and digital audio consoles, HD video paths and switching.
· Possesses a working knowledge of basic LAN/WAN architecture and related hardware including NICs, routers, bridges, and switches.
· Strong knowledge in ProPresenter, Proclaim, Photoshop, ProTools, Adobe Premiere Pro, Flash Media Encoder, and Microsoft Office applications. Proficient in PC and Mac OS Systems.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Supervising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Video Production: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Philadelphia, PA (Required)
- More than 1 year
- Other forms
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply