Digital Content Creator – Entry Level – Smail Auto Group – Greensburg, PA
Company: Smail Auto Group
Location: Greensburg, PA
Smail Auto Group
Smail Auto Group is growing our Marketing Department and we’re looking for someone to build our digital voice! Smail Auto Group is a forward thinking, digital first auto group with a fast-paced, creative environment. We are looking for a Digital Content Creatorwho will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing newsworthy, compelling, and shareable content for our Auto Group’s web properties and social media channels.
This is not a position where you are handed the information you will need to complete a project. The Digital Content Creator is required to immerse himself or herself in the Auto Group’s business and become an expert on automotive products and services, the personas being targeted and their buying journey. The person in this role will be expected to conceptualize, create and publish content based on our goals and objectives. The person in this role will be expected to create content with a natural conversational tone, break down industry jargon into language consumers can understand, and write with passion and excitement.
- Be the brand journalist for Smail Auto Group – dive into our history, culture, operations, and products for story ideas. Research story angles, identify the target audiences, gather the data, package the content, and then distribute the content via our owned channels.
- Write product-related content that speaks to in market car shoppers.
- Work with videographer to create unique video content for an established YouTube series and to showecase our organization’s community involvement.
- Create compelling actionable content that produces high response rates and optimal search rates
- Develop, write and deliver compelling, keyword-rich content for a range of mediums
- Publish content to Smail Auto Group’s digital properties and social media channels
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Director to conceptualize and develop content such as: blog posts, social media content, web site copy, videos, photos, etc.
- Understand the content creation and optimization process end-to-end from initial concept to strategy to research, approvals, fact-checking, keyword development, editing and final proofing
- Have a mindset based in real-time marketing and content publishing (quick turns on content development, understand the role of certain types of content and its value)
- Capable of writing automotive blog posts and newsletter and direct-oriented sales copy
- Ability to work independently on projects and/or as part of a team
- Excellent organization, communication and collaboration skills
- Some writing experience: You have already been published as a freelance or staff writer with another organization and have writing samples ready.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce consistent, high-quality content
- The ability to write in different styles to appeal to multiple audiences
- Ability to push content to the web using content management services
- Basic knowledge (or ability to learn) of HTML, CSS. (Can be in the form of WordPress or any CMS)
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- Associates degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, or related field.
- Or equivalent online publishing experience
Normal office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time including extensive use of PC equipment.
Full Time Position.
We offer a full range of benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and more.
7 Paid Holidays (After 90 Days) – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
5 Vacation Days + 5 Sick Days (After 90 Days)
Employee Group pricing on concert tickets, vacation destinations and more!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)