Job Summary: Responsible for partnering with the Story department and Design team to conceptualize and design original costumes for all Sight & Sound productions including garments, accessories, wigs and makeup.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in close collaboration with story group and designer teams to understand the vision for character development through costumes; develops sketches and fleshes out design details for presentation at design meetings.
- Coordinate garment concepts with the props team, lighting and media to establish continuity of design elements throughout the show.
- Works directly with the Costume Shop technical and production teams to drive garment production and leads all design initiatives including fabric sourcing and purchasing of raw materials, garment design, functionality, timeline, and all budget considerations for new show and remount shows.
- Maintains documentation process for future put ups of shows, both here and in Branson theatre.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of fashion garment design, garment construction, tailoring and advanced sewing techniques.
- Proven costume design experience in stage, film, or fashion garment industry.
- Demonstrate confidence in creative problem solving and articulate strong descriptive abilities in collaborative discussions.
- Organized and efficient in fluid and fast paced environment while having a keen attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects to attain aggressive timeline goals.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of design and technical components of costume development, including fabric sourcing and selection, and a thorough understanding of garment fit, construction, and patterning.
- Ability to present creative ideas for costume concepts using clear and impactful visual presentations. Communicate design work to director in weekly show design meetings in collaboration with Lighting Designer, Media and Special Effects Designers and Artistic Director.
- Uphold a positive attitude with the ability to process constructive criticism and accept feedback as growth opportunity.
Please visit sight-sound.com to view the full job description and complete an online application.