Communications Writer – Bucknell University – Lewisburg, PA
Company: Bucknell University
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Bucknell University seeks a talented and creative storyteller to join its Division of Communications as a Communications Writer. The Communications Writer will contribute to a highly collaborative team that implements the University’s marketing and communications strategy across print and digital media.
The Communications Writer will be responsible for producing creative, story-driven content for distribution across multiple print and digital channels that aligns with Bucknell’s brand strategy and enhances the University’s reputation. The writer will also work in close collaboration with Communications colleagues to produce additional social media, photography, video, media relations and marketing content.
Qualified candidates must be strong writers with a proven ability to create compelling content for a variety of audiences. A versatility and enthusiasm for adapting to new writing styles and writing for an array of age groups, constituencies and goals is also key. Relevant experience may include work in:
- Education marketing and communications.
- Corporate, nonprofit or government marketing and communications.
- Public relations.
- Advertising copywriting.
- Corporate, nonprofit or government social media content creation.
Experience cultivating sources and building relationships, leading interviews, writing persuasively and measuring effectiveness with data will also contribute to the Communication Writer’s success.
The successful candidate should be willing to share their perspectives, learn from the perspectives of others and contribute to an environment of diversity and inclusiveness.
Applicants should provide a resume, cover letter and three published, nonfiction writing samples that demonstrate a strong storytelling ability and creativity. Finalists for the position will also be asked to complete writing and editing tests.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of professional writing experience, demonstrated by a portfolio of published nonfiction work.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal communications, writing, grammar and editing.
- Record of success in creating persuasive messaging.
- Proven skills in creativity, analysis and problem-solving, and the ability to evaluate, synthesize, and incorporate ideas and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Superb organizational and project-management skills.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing communications channels and work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to diversity, inclusiveness and the sharing of perspectives across differences.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, English or a related field.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience collaborating with other creative professionals, such as photographers, videographers, and marketing and social media specialists.