Casual Part-time Game Day Assistants
Job Code/Position Control Number
Casual Part-time Continuing
Reports to (Supervisor) Title
Assistant Director of Athletics/Sports Information Director
This person will perform duties relative to athletic events.
Position Work Calendar
Position Work Hours/Week
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to operate a camcorder. (Essential)
- Functional ability with microcomputers (laptop) or aptitude to learn. (Minimum)
- Ability to work in an active environment. (Minimum)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form. (Minimum)
- High School Diploma or equivalent. (Desired)
- Evidence of basketball, wrestling, volleyball, baseball, softball and soccer knowledge. (Minimum)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Act as Line Judge for Men’s and Women’s Volleyball matches. (Essential)
- Keep the scoreboard and score for Women’s Volleyball games. (Essential)
- Act as ball runners for Men’s and Women’s Soccer. (Essential)
- Act as the score bookkeeper for Men’s and Women’s Basketball. (Essential)
- Act as the shot clock/scoreboard operator for Men’s and Women’s Basketball. (Essential)
- Act as an announcer for varsity home games. (Essential)
- Act as the scoreboard operator of Men’s and Women’s Soccer. (Essential)
- Run Stat Crew statistical programs for varsity sports. (Essential)
- Serve as camera operator to film games for varsity athletics. (Essential)
- Operate music system during varsity athletic events. (Essential)
- Equipment necessary to complete the duties given such as; Shot clock, Soccer scoreboard, Volleyball scoreboard, Sony Handy Cam, Microphone, Laptop Computer Stat Crew program. (Basketball)
- Must be able to move around campus freely
- Some lifting of equipment not to exceed ten pounds
Special Job Features
- Weekend and evenings hours on the home games listed on the official schedules for Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball and Women’s Volleyball.
- Game day assistants should be at the site of games they are working 30 minutes prior to the start of the game to set up equipment germane to their assignment.
- Weekly schedule dependent upon approved home event schedules.
- This position may be subject to a background check.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with students, faculty, staff and the public. (Essential)
- Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity and multicultural issues. (Essential)
- Be sensitive to the needs and expectations of students, faculty, staff and administrators. (Essential)
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regards to any and all information as a direct or indirect result of job responsibilities/job functions. (Essential)
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner and maintain the standard of care that is appropriate for this position. (Essential)
- Perform other appropriate job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor. (Marginal)
This is not a complete itemization of all facets of this position. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The College has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without prior notice.
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
Pay Rate / Salary
$8.00 per hour