Art Director – Lutron Electronics – Lehigh Valley, PA
Company: Lutron Electronics
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Outside Sales and Marketing
Lutron Electronics has an immediate need for a Video and Photography Art Director within our in-house Creative & Communications department providing innovative marketing collateral development across all business channels – Residential, Retail, Commercial, Consumer. In this role you will be responsible for creative development and execution of video and photography projects. You will collaborate with our internal communications and marketing teams to understand their campaign strategies and ensure the campaign objectives have been meet with the proper tone, messaging and visual execution. The ideal candidate will be able to express their ideas clearly, provide direction and leadership to team members, take direction from Senior Leadership, and partner with cross-functional departments on strategy and execution.
- Art direct and manage video and photography shoots and post-production
- Conceptualize the creative strategy for projects, including big ideas and story lines across all channels.
- Work collaboratively with creative team, copy, and account team staff to provide creative, strategically sound solutions for internal customer
- Translate business and marketing objectives into ideas that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, engaging and in-keeping with brand expression and standards
- Lead presentations and effectively communicate creative vision
- Selection and oversight of videographer, photographer and photo production to meet the needs of the campaign/project needs.
- Present the creative and drive the feedback/information sessions ensuring the creative team has clear feedback to work from and the completed edits fulfill the requests.
- Proactive communication of needs and roadblocks to execution
- Collaborate with outside partners, including agencies, photographers, videographers, and illustrators
- Stay up to date on emerging trends in video, design, typography and illustration across the world and how they can impact on our products
- Create designs that connect with and inspire a diverse community of customers
- Manage projects from concept through to design and production
- Ability to design in multiple styles and adapt to the required style of the brand.
- Both domestic and international travel, sometimes with little notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, video or related field
- Experience as a graphic designer and/or art director/manager
- Expertise and demonstrated deliverables:
- Photography, typography, digital and print processes
- Portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables
- Art Direction of video and photography
- Print, digital and video post-production including editing, color direction, etc.
- Design specifications and media requirements for web and social applications
- Strong sense of visual style: strong layout, typography and graphics standards
- Working knowledge of applicable software
- Video software: DaVinci and Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Creative Suite, and design tools including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Motion graphics / animation experience a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A passion for quality and craft
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com. EOE/AA.