Writer/Editor LIFT Project – Hearst – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Hearst Newspapers is seeking a Writer/Editor with a deep understanding of analytics, audience engagement, smart packaging and copy writing to support paid marketing and editorial efforts across the Hearst Newspapers portfolio of sites. This newly formed role will produce content that aligns with our key verticals and delivers new audiences through paid content marketing This role will expand to also assign and top-edit content from freelancers.
- Assign, edit/write, build and publish pieces across multiple verticals, across Hearst Newspaper sites including SFGate.com, Chron.com, MYSA.com and others.
- Create and oversee paid content editorial calendars and coordinate regularly with various internal contributors, including editors/writers, data analysts, and buyers
- Help identify and expand over-engaging content across the network, syndicating, repackaging, and updating to continue to improve their engagement successes
- Manage freelance assignments, contracts/invoices and editorial budgets on a weekly and monthly basis
- Regularly track and share insights with editorial teams to identify future content and growth opportunities
- At least 3 years as a writer, working in a fast-paced digital environment
- Top-notch organization and communication skills
- Excellent judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement across various digital platforms
- Well-versed in a editing and writing content across a variety of lifestyle subjects and able to adapt voice and style to match brands and audiences
- Comfortable using editorial analytics and content production tools — such as Facebook Insights, Crowdtangle, Google Analytics, content management systems, Photoshop and more
The Hearst Corporation is one of the nation’s largest diversified media and information companies. Its major interests include magazine, newspaper and business publishing, cable networks, television and radio broadcasting, Internet businesses, TV production and distribution, newspaper features distribution, business information and real estate.
Join our team!