VP Revenue Ops, Crackle Plus (New York) – Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. – New York, NY
Company: Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Address: New York, NY
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
VP Revenue Ops, Crackle Plus (New York)
ABOUT CRACKLE PLUS
Crackle Plus is a video-on-demand (VOD) joint venture formed by Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSSE). The company’s consumer facing ad-supported VOD (AVOD) channels include Crackle (US and Canada), Popcornflix, Popcornflix Kids, Truli, Popcornflix Comedy, Frightpix, and Espanolflix. Its content library includes over 38,000 hours of programming. It also represents partners PlayStation Vue and Funimation to advertisers, positioning it as one of the largest AVOD offerings in the U.S.
Vice President, Revenue Operations
The Vice President, Revenue Operations will play a leadership role in supporting the company’s advertising business across online, mobile and connected TV for both its Own and Operated properties and third-party properties represented through the Crackle Plus Network.
Reporting into the EVP, Advertising Sales, the VP, Revenue Operations will support the business priorities through efficient tactics and innovative processes and tools for ad sales monetization. Ad sales monetization will vary by platform and business group and in some cases include support of a direct sales team and other cases 3rd party reseller or programmatic buying and selling. This role will play a significant role in determining ad technical strategy, ad operations and pricing policies that increase overall yield of our inventory.
To succeed, the VP, Revenue Operations will effectively collaborate with numerous internal stakeholders and external vendors to manage media monetization strategy, tactics and innovative initiatives that fulfill advertiser business and marketing requirements and position Crackle Plus as a leader in the industry. This individual will have management and supervisory function for teams across 3 primary functions. He/she will oversee:
- Account Services
- Media planning + Ad operations for pre and post campaign management
- Monthly billing utilizing 1st and 3rd party ad serving financials
- Advertising Technology
- QA – Campaign Testing and Set-up for direct and reseller
- Freewheel and Google network gardening (ad serving capabilities)
- DMP Enablement & Optimization– on-boarding and ramping up new ad targeting and optimization capabilities as the business gathers registered users
- Ad Solutions and and Pricing
- Pricing & Yield Management (PYM) – Includes pricing and inventory management functions
- Ad solutions including Nielsen and Comscore management
- Support the BI group for Ad Business Intelligence gathering and reporting.
The position requires a strategic thinker capable of developing new methodologies and possesses a strong knowledge and quantitative approach towards analyzing video and advertising industry trends, competitive research, media strategy, ad pricing and inventory forecasting. As such, this individual must be able to justify business requirements with key criteria and ROI assumptions, sell in the proposed initiatives, establish strong relationships with business partners and facilitate implementation with various stakeholders (from proposal to execution). Most importantly, this position will recommend optimal yield monetization guidelines for the business and then establish rate cards and business policies for various scenarios.
To be successful, this candidate must consider all inputs and work with internal teams (sales, ad ops, ad technology, research, marketing, product and finance etc.) to identify both opportunities and risks as well as solve challenges. This will require significant data modeling and analysis oversight and strong communication skills to support recommendations and claims. It will also require strong relationships with business partners to develop the best terms and conditions for success with multiple revenue streams.
Ad Tech Operations
- Manage ad tech strategy, project management and day to day oversight of all ad tech solutions
- Manage Freewheel solution, SSP solutions (Freewheel Markets, Telaria), DMP with Nielsen Marketing Cloud
- Manage third party bidder technology and connectivity to Freewheel with specific distribution platforms, including Roku and Amazon
- Oversight of VAST, VPAID support across monetization channels (direct sales, reseller and SSP sales)
- Oversight of QA for all direct deals across desktop, mobile and OTT
- Manage onboarding of new ad tech solutions to enable yield and monitoring of business
Account Services (Media Planning, Campaign Management and QA)
- Manage media planning and ad operations team supporting national sales
- Increase scalability of team and workflow in order to manage increase of RFPs
- Set go-to-market media planning strategy and tactically implement smarter, more proactive packaging of assets to drive greater revenue
- Creating packages that maximize cross-site inventory
- Set pricing baselines and media plan templates highlighting mix, platforms to leverage/push, etc.
- Develop quarterly strategy for maximizing inventory and new ratecard
- Upfront lead contact for coordinating Ad Solutions, Sales, & Pricing/Planning on package creation
- Continual process improvement across planning, ad ops, and ad technology to drive efficiencies, improved analytics & documentation and streamlining of go-to-market strategy
- Improve documentation of process, with updated SLA and supporting workflow manual (AED)
- Ensure team trained monthly on ad technology (Freewheel), process, “best in class” processes, forecasting and VAST tag set up, QA and delivery
Pricing and Yield Management
- Drive yield management and optimization that considers pricing, forecasting, seasonality, fill rates, targeting, geo-targeting, upfronts,
- Guide development of selling rate cards and sales business policies
- Provide oversight on sales forecasting and analysis
- Raise sales risks and opportunities to senior mgmt
- Inventory/Capacity Utilization and Analysis
- Tackle industry head winds including Nielsen/Comscore in demo guarantee and viewability KPIs; find root cause, create solution and deploy to field
- Create effective “daisy chain” to monetize every Crackle impressions, on every day of every month for highest effective RPM (revenue per impression)
- Support sales team with annual, quarterly, monthly Nielsen and comScore reporting
- Identify and develop new media strategies using 1st and third party measurement to ensure an addressable ad sales solution rolled out in marketUtilize DMP for new ad targeting and optimization capabilities as the business gathers registered users
Explore new ad solutions from evolving vendors around addressability, viewability etc.
- Intimate knowledge of media business client, agency and digital vendors/partners requirements
- Industry monetization and competitive trends in video and digital sales industries
- Media strategy and planning
- Media planning and Campaign tools & systems ie. Freewheel, Nielsen, Comscore and Adobe
- Existing product distribution platforms (CTV, Mobile, Desktop, US Networks)
- Developing product across emerging platforms
General Skills In:
- Ad Operations
- Media Planning
- Software “onboarding” – SaaS deployment and integration
- Programmatic buying and selling
- Sales & Negotiation
- Financial Modeling
- Data management
- Business Intelligence
- Communicate at the most senior level and client levels on ad operations and ad technology
- Understand the technology and limitations of new distribution platforms
- BA/BS required
- 10yrs successful digital advertising experience, including a track record of outstanding results in ad operations, ad technology or account services
- People management experience required
- Experience in negotiating and managing vendor relationships
- Experience with media planning and ad serving systems, financial planning & analysis systems, billing systems, and yield management systems required
- Experience building and using both out of the box and sophisticated data, analytic and reporting toolsets, as proactive and reactive solutions to business problems
- Intimate knowledge of digital ad industry pricing and digital vendors/partners requirements
- Knowledge of industry monetization and competitive trends in video and digital sales industries
- Able to operate calmly and smoothly with rigor and discipline
- Ability to design, implement, and improve processes
- Solid understanding of forecasting methodologies and tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
This role resides in Crackle Plus, a joint venture of Sony Pictures. This role is subject to the employment terms of Crackle Plus.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures – NY – New York City