The Video Production Technician will be the lead technician during live productions of Paley Programs. This includes acting as the TD, Robotic Camera operator, Media Playback operator, or Audio assistant. He/she will also be responsible for reviewing and editing raw video footage on Premiere Pro CC and mastering finished clips, screenings and licensed content to be played during live events, digital distribution, or for social media consumption. You must have experience adhering to strict deadlines, follow instructions and post-production processes. The ideal candidate will be high energy and creative with excellent problem solving skills.
He/she will also participate in and handle other projects, as needed.
- Technical direct, operate cameras, audio, lighting and playback equipment for live events.
- Operate video servers and professional video playback devices.
- Perform video, audio patching and routing.
- Q.C. monitoring and evaluation using audio and video test equipment.
- Perform additional production-related duties as needed.
- Edit, encode, and archive media assets from legacy formats.
- Robotic camera operation, camera shading, lighting.
- 3 – 5 years Technical directing live production / events
- Multitasking using multiple pieces of equipment during a live event.
- Proven studio production experience.
- Proven editing experience using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
- Experience with digital video projection
- Familiarity with production and post production process.
- Familiarity with the flow of digital content.
- Must be proficient with common computer business applications.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with a crew as well as independently.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Weekend and evening work will be required.
- Familiarity with legacy videotape formats a plus.