Video Production Manager
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into ‘Life At CBSi’ through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are seeking an experienced and well-rounded shooter who anticipates and executes the video production needs of CBSN, CBS’s 24 hour live streaming digital network, and CBSNews.com. The Video Production Manager is responsible for overseeing all studio and field shoots as well as maintaining all of our in-house camera equipment which supports multiple verticals within CBS digital. This role will also have a handful of direct reports they will be responsible for; this includes scheduling, assigning projects, yearly reviews, giving constructive feedback on their work and delegation of responsibilities.
- Track, staff and manage all Control Room 10, Studio 10 and field ENG shoots.
- Maintain all in-house camera equipment; keeping track of items that are broken and sending said items out for repair, checking camera kits in and out of our asset management system, Oomnitza, to the various departments we support.
- Communicate clearly with producers from various shows about equipment needs and expectations.
- Overseeing and managing budgets for equipment and personnel.
- Help maintain a consistent, high quality ‘look’ as it pertains to each department.
- Troubleshoot and work with studio and camera operators and tech managers to resolve technical and/or workflow issues; report maintenance and QC issues and ideate potential improvements for the overall process.
- Schedule staff for shoots and projects accordingly.
- Work both independently and as a team member with a high degree of professionalism.
- Embrace a quick-changing, high pressure breaking news environment with proficiency in both judging and responding to competing priorities.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience shooting video both in the field as well as in a studio environment and dealing with intense deadline pressures.
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Deep knowledge of cameras, their pertinent tools, and the latest trends as it relates to video technology.
- Solid experience and understanding of video color spaces and how it pertains to color correction and grading.
- Strong knowledge of video codecs, file formats and their workflows in relation to post-production.
- Know your way around a studio and control room.
- Ability to deal with and manage employees effectively and constructively with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally.
- The ability to work flexible hours, including overnights, holidays and weekends.
You might also have –
- Expertise with Sony FS5 & FS7 cameras
- Color grading experience.
- Video editing experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Avid Media Composer
- Experience with Ross robotics and Ross control room equipment.
- Solid experience with Quality Control in relation to video and audio for live streaming content and website video publishing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled