Video Producer – CBS – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into ‘Life At CBSi’ through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSN Originals is looking for a Producer to pitch, develop and produce original, engaging half-hour stories for our premium documentary series. We’re looking for a proven journalist who also has experience in documentary television and/or filmmaking, with a track record of producing compelling, provocative and intelligent stories.
- Research, pitch, field produce
- Outline and script documentaries
- Light and shoot interviews, b-roll and stand ups
- Direct field DP
- Collaborate with CBSN Originals supervisors during all phases of pitching, production, and post
- Complete media management and organizational tasks associated with production
- Coordinate shoots, including booking travel, hotels, transportation, and submitting expense reports
- Coordinate deliverables after the documentary is complete, including but not limited to: short article(s) about the doc, images from the doc, story summaries, clips for social media and promotion across company platforms, and repurposing materials for other formats across CBS News.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 3+ years of experience in video journalism or documentary production
- Solid understanding of journalism standards of attention to editorial detail and story balance as well as the appropriate use of audio & video edits.
- Skilled in building narratives through visual story telling
- Experience with both hosted and non-hosted formats is a plus
- Highly organized, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently and remain deadline-oriented
- A passion for bringing news stories and cultural topics to life in a documentary format
- High level of skill with pro cameras
You might also have –
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply to Video Producer – CBS – New York, NY