Video Journalist – Sportskeeda – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Creators need to share a detailed idea, the budget required and the expected time of delivery. Include past work with video content as well. If the idea is shortlisted, you will then need to send in a storyboard before it is finalized.
Once finalized, we will allocate a budget on the condition that you deliver on time.
Candidate will be required to find suitable opportunities in combat sports domain to source Exclusive content for sportskeeda.
They are the new representation of the news reporter, having the technical skill to create a whole news story from the ground up, handling all the different jobs that go with producing a news story from start to finish.
This might be obvious, but it needs to be original content and cannot have been published or broadcast anywhere before. SK shall retain rights to the final content
Responsibilities and Duties
The four main functions of a video journalist are producer, reporter, video operator and video editor.
- As producers, they develop and plan a live or taped video segments. This can include setting up interviews, determining where a segment is to be shot or selecting the different shots to be used.
- As reporters, they compile data from various sources, investigate, analyze and write their stories, editing as needed. In essence, they combine the duties with that of a news writer, deciding what particular slant a story will take.
- As cameramen, they operate their own camera. This is possible through reporting in a static shot and placing the camera on a tripod to prevent it from moving. Because many times video journalists will be on location, both in front of the camera and operating it, they need to take the footage they’ve acquired and create news segments suitable for broadcasting. This requires them to have knowledge of video editing equipment.
- To originate and develop programme ideas; to assist in forward planning of material for future programmes.
Editor, Journalism, Video Production, Video Editing, Scripting, Videographer, Interviewing, Social Networking, Camera Operator
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 2+ Years of experience in Video Journalism (Preferably Sports)
- A high standard of editorial judgement, writing ability and production
skills based on substantial journalism experience.
- A detailed knowledge of the Editorial Policy and awareness of legal considerations applying to all types of output.
- A thorough knowledge of the editorial aims and policies
- Wrestling Journalism Background preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00 to $150.00 /day
- total work: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule