The #1 Job Site for People Working in Production
The Public Theater
The lighting department is responsible for lighting all Public Theater productions and events. The department maintains a lighting shop with equipment and supplies, and work space to facilitate this work. In collaboration with the Lighting Supervisor, The Lighting Shop Foreperson is responsible for the organization of the lighting shop at Astor Place and at the Delacorte Theater and storage in our remote locations, as well supervising crews to complete related tasks. The Lighting Shop Foreperson reports to the Lighting Supervisor.
• Supervise crews working in the lighting shops
• Oversee the organization of the lighting shops and remote storage locations
• Maintain a clean and orderly lighting shop as well as remote storage locations
• Maintain lighting department equipment, including purchasing parts and replacements, in coordination with the Lighting Supervisor, including inventory location management
• Obtain quotes and place orders for lighting shop equipment and supplies as necessary
• Keep an inventory of lighting department equipment and update the supervisor on needs for perishable items
• Schedule and handle hazardous waste removal for lighting related inventory, e.g. fog fluid recycling and battery recycling
• Participate in any safety training as necessary and promote safety measures within the lighting shop
• Ensure safe and conscientious workmanship and working conditions
• Help with coverage of crew calls for the lighting department as needed
• Work with the Lighting Supervisor and Assistant Lighting Supervisors on building prototypes for upcoming projects as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned and/or as deemed appropriate
• Ability to frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50lbs
• Understanding of electric codes and industry best practices
• Understanding of general theatrical lighting equipment
• Proficient in the use of theatrical electrical tools and electrical wiring
• Good organizational skills
• Good time management and people skills
• Good communication skills
• Good team building skills
• Ability to work in stressful environments while maintaining a positive attitude
• Must be able to work in hot and cold environments; some outdoor work is required at the Delacorte Theater
• Basic drafting with Vector works and/or AutoCAD
• Basic computer skills
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
You may be intersested in these...