Assistant Technical Director
The Public Theater job in NYC
Website The Public Theater
The Public Theater seeks a skilled and enthusiastic Assistant Technical Director to join a tight knit, dynamic team. The Assistant Technical Directors work closely with the Technical Director and other department staff to coordinate the scheduling, budgeting, and construction for multiple shows in 6 theaters. They will work directly with designers, directors and the rest of the production department to ensure all scenery meets the needs of the design as well as the budget in a safe and efficient manner.
• Generate working drawings
• Calculate, design, and execute weight bearing methods for scenery build and install
• Design and execute safe configuration and rigging for all moving set pieces
• Ensure safe and conscientious workmanship and working conditions
• Generate and maintain scenery budgets
• Develop and maintain scenery department over-hire pool
• Develop and manage work schedules for the scenery department
• Supervise show builds and load-ins
• Train and manage freelance crew as necessary
• Promote a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful working environment
• Work some late nights and weekends
The ideal candidate will possess 2+ years of theater experience managing people and running crews, experience in creating, working with, and maintaining budgets, comprehensive knowledge of scenery technologies, processes and equipment, and proficiency in technical theater construction, rigging, and safety. The ideal candidate will also possess proficiency in common computer skills including Excel, Word, and Acrobat, a calm demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills, strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment overseeing multiple projects at once. Experience with automation is preferred, and proficiency in AutoCAD, knowledge of Vector Works is a plus.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested production jobs...