Television Videographer/Editor – JUS Broadcasting Corporation – Astoria, NY
Company: JUS Broadcasting Corporation
Location: Astoria, NY
JUS Broadcasting Corporation
JUS Broadcasting Corp. has an immediate opening for a qualified editor/videographer to assist in the execution and delivery of high quality video productions for its clients’ advertising and marketing needs. The position is full time, with salary and benefits commensurate based on experience and qualifications.
**Candidates must submit a reel. If you have a website or online reel available, please include a URL with your response (preferred).
Candidate will work on a variety of video production projects including, but not limited to, broadcast (television and radio), long form videos, video tutorials, testimonials, motion graphics, and social media/web videos. Daily responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Proficiency in lighting and high-end video and audio production as well as photography.
- Working in Mac-based digital editing systems.
- Working with others in conceptualizing and executing creative plans according to client directives.
- Taking ownership of projects assigned to them, assuming full responsibility in delivering results that meet or exceed client directives and expectations.
- Is detail-oriented to ensure all productions maintain the highest standards and quality, going above and beyond to satisfy client directives.
- Assuring professional quality productions and smooth execution of projects by planning, organizing, selecting shots, implementing proper lighting and audio techniques as well as coordinating and scheduling pre- and post-production with appropriate personnel.
- Fostering a positive relationship with internal and external customers by assessing overall goals of the project and by effectively communicating verbally and in writing throughout all stages of a production.
- Performing minor maintenance, repair and trouble-shooting on production equipment.
- Continually increasing knowledge in the field as new technologies and techniques emerge, utilizing time between projects as an opportunity for learning.
- Must display a professional demeanor at all times (i.e. appearance, punctuality, and hygiene).
Candidate must display a high level of proficiency in all aspects of production and possess the following qualifications:
- Fluent in Hindi or Punjabi
- B.A. in Electronic Media & Communications, Communication Design, or related field
- Proficiency in photography, videography and the ability to operate camera equipment (DSLR, Sony, Canon, DJI Drone, LiveU)
- Proficiency in audio and lighting for studio and field productions.
- Proficiency in edit and broadcast design software including Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must be fluent with the Mac platform.
- Adept at composition and pictorial continuity to compliment equipment skills in creating the visual imagery of video production (i.e., know how to compose and construct video segments to convey a message or tell a story).
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with co-workers and diverse community members.
- Ability to continuously speak, hear, and respond to detailed or important information and instruction.
- Capable of prioritizing work assignments in a deadline oriented environment.
- Established track record of detail oriented work habits.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines to complete work assignments under time and budget constraints.
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Production: 3 years (Required)
- Video Editing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- New York, NY
- United States (Required)
Jus Broadcasting Corporation, the home of four 24-hour Indian entertainment TV channels and a radio station, entered the market in 2007 with the launch of its flagship channel, JUS Punjabi TV in the United States. Since then, JUS Broadcasting Corp. has launched a bouquet of TV channels, with the most recent addition being JUS Hindi TV.
Today JUS Broadcasting channels reach a worldwide audience on prominent platforms such as DISH Network and JIO Reliance in India, and all our content is shot and broadcast in HD. In the US alone, our channels have a collective viewership of over 1 million across all the various platforms.
JUS Punjabi TV, our flagship network, is available on DISH Network, Sling TV, Verizon FiOS, Charter Cable, Spectrum, and Frontier Cable. Our audience profile is largely middle-aged and older South Asians, with a mix of young families, working professionals, stay at home individuals and the retired and elderly. We engage these viewers with hyper-local programming with a focus on the various issues affecting their community.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Videography: 3 years (Preferred)
- Video Production: 3 years (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hindi or Punjabi (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required