Technical Associate, CNBC – NBCUniversal – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
- Perform several crew jobs as needed for multiple live daily programs in two remote studio locations.
- Crew job proficiency in robotic camera control, video shading, floor direction, and utility management. Direct interaction and management of high profile talent and guests.
- Studio maintenance and operation including lighting, set effects, cable management, and set aesthetics.
- Wireless Operation and familiarity with the P2 Panasonic camera. Ability to pick up the camera and shoot handheld at a moment’s notice.
- Audio mixing and assisting. Management of audio equipment including multiple microphones and IFB’s, preparing talent and guests with proper audio equipment as needed.
- Assisting Technical Manager with other responsibilities as needed.
- 1 year of experience in a live broadcast environment
- PC literate
- Ability to work all hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel to both exchanges in NYC
Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
BA or college-level equivalent
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- The ability to perform in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills
Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player.
CNBC Technical Operations
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.