The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Sunday, August 25th, 2019
Company: SWAYS Movie
SWAYS Movie, LLC has an opportunity for a Swing G&E on an upcoming independent feature film set and shot in Hampton Bays, NY from mid-to-late September.
We are seeking a film student or recent graduate that has passion, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic to come aboard this project. The ideal candidate will have some production experience, and ambitions of finding professional work as a Key Grip or Gaffer in the future.
– SAG Ultra-Low Budget actor agreement
– Roughly 12 shoot days near Hampton Bays, 3 days in NYC, 6 day weeks, 10-12 hour days
– September 9-25 estimated production window
Duties & responsibilities:
– Assist Gaffer and Key Grip with lighting setups and power management
– Help organize and manage both lighting and grip gear
– Move set pieces safely to achieve the desired look for the shot
– Operate flags, overheads, bounces, and help move camera safely between setups
– Broad knowledge of professional lighting/grip equipment
– Excellent organizational skills
– Enthusiastic and determined
– Able to work quickly under pressure
– Precise attention to detail
– Current film student or recent graduate preferred
– Prefer some familiarity with an Arri Alexa camera
The Swing G&E will receive class credit (if applicable) and a credit on the film, a small travel stipend, good food, accommodation, and incredible experience working with a talented Gaffer and Key Grip.
How to apply:
In the email subject line, state the desired position (e.g., Swing G&E). In the body of the email, provide the following:
1. A short bio about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit — we want to get to know you
2. Relevant links to your reel, work, and/or a professional resume
3. Social media handles if applicable
4. List of equipment if applicable
A follow-up email or call will be sent to qualified candidates. Thank you and good luck!