Supervising Producer – Sesame Workshop – New York, NY
Company: Sesame Workshop
Address: New York, NY
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Supervising Producer. The Supervising Producer focuses on producing cohesive, curriculum-based multimedia content for new Play to Learn initiative. This producer will manage the day-to-day development, production, and delivery of Play to Learn content, including live-action films in Bangladesh and global-facing short-form series featuring Sesame characters. The Supervising Producer will be responsible for managing the production budget, schedules, contracts, and adherence to procurement policies.
The position will report to the VP of ISI Production and is based in New York City, with 30% international travel. Television production will be done in at least one international location with a local production company.
- Manage the SW/project budget and schedule for all multimedia content production, including: negotiating contracts, writing and processing RFPs, scheduling shoots and training workshops, and following all SW procurement policies.
- Work closely with the Play to Learn team to develop new Sesame short-form series that follow best practices in education and child engagement.
- Manage relationships with international production partners to ensure efficient production staffing and operational procedures.
- Review all mass media materials and provide clear, insightful and actionable feedback to writers and producers.
- Supervise the NY-based Associate Producer, Coordinator, and project interns.
- Lead or co-lead creative development and training workshops to imbue local creative and production teams with Sesame’s guiding principles of content development, puppeteering, directing, multi-format production and brand integrity
- Attend studio production and provide insightful brand support and production advice to the local production partners and crew
- Engage with internal and international teams to evaluate production and multimedia content quality and impact
- Conduct a post-review analysis of completed season(s) and plan ahead for future seasons based on findings, new developments and innovations
- Represent Sesame Workshop and Play to Learn at external events and conferences, as needed
- 10+ years of children’s educational media production (TV/Radio/Digital/ Film/Outreach) and broadcast experience
- Proven record of working with multiple international partners, in cross-cultural environments, conflict regions, across numerous projects and time zones
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of production processes, frameworks, and budgeting
- Strong brand awareness and training capabilities
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to manage various US and international vendors
- Ability to maximize existing resources to optimize the potential of multimedia platforms
- Willingness to travel to and work in low-resource settings
- Arabic is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled