Summer 2020 Internship, New York – Complex – New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix. Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex is excited to select our 2020 Summer Interns!
With the overwhelming success of Complex Network’s 2019 Summer Internship Program, we are thrilled for what our 2020 Internship will bring. This year our program will include an in-depth educational aspect where you will have the ability to gain hands-on experience working with a specific department working on special projects, participating in our Lunch & Learns with our senior leaders, and potentially leading the internship summer project.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one discussions and Q&As with Talent; gaining more insight into what it means to be an employee in the media industry. Our goal is to educate, enrich, and encourage. We want everyone who walks through our doors to leave feeling enthusiastic about their future.
Come join us!
What We Offer:
- A 10-week paid internship program in which students are offered a chance to work closely with different departments throughout the company. You will work directly with employees of the various departments to learn, grow, and experience what it means to work at Complex. You will partner with employees on special projects throughout your experience, check-in with managers to discuss your progress, and will be encouraged to build relationships cross-departmentally.
- Our program is geared towards rising college juniors, seniors and recent graduates.
- June 8th – August 14, 2020
- 29 hours per week
- New York (Interns will be fully responsible for transportation and lodging.)
Please choose your top 3 Departments of interest on your application.
- Branded Content
- Brand Partnerships (Sales)
- Brand Partnership Studios ( Project Management & Marketing Strategy)
- Post Production
- Talent Relations
- Complex/ Content Development
- First We Feast
- Marketing/Public Relations/Business Intelligence
- Revenue Operations
- Tell us in a creative way why you think we should pick you to join us in our highly competitive, super valuable 2020 Internship Program? (Create a video, a relevant music piece, paint a picture, shout us out in a social post #complexintern2020, we’ll leave it up to you).
- Attach a creative submission
- You must be a rising Junior, Senior, or recent graduate
- Ability to commit to the entire 10-week internship program on site for our New York location
*In order for your application to be complete you should submit your resume and complete the following questions. (Including social handles)*
About Complex Networks
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.