Studio Assistant – Night Crew – Full Time – Attic Studios – Long Island City, NY
Company: Attic Studios
Location: Long Island City, NY
The Studio Assistant – Night Crew is a full time position responsible for helping with night time studio operations, equipment handling duties, rental and studio maintenance at a busy photo and film rental studio and event space. This person will work directly with the Night Coordinator in ensuring standard operating procedures and practices are being upheld. It involves working closely with clients and potential clients and vendors in person and via other means, including phone and email. Expect late start times and late out times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Client relations
- Closing duties
- Maintaining studio cleanliness, daily trash
- Prepping equipment order, organization of equipment cage and inventory
- Testing, pulling and equipment breakdown
- Painting, cyc maintenance, studio upkeep and improvements
- Freight elevator operation
- Tracking cyc paint stock and other supplies
- Some basic janitorial work and fixes
- Advanced knowledge of still and motion equipment; grip, electric, digital and lighting equipment
- Basic Computer skills, experience with Gmail, Word, Excel, Dropbox.
- Required 2-3 years work experience in studio environments or photo, tv or film industry
- Photo editing skills a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English with employees and customers.
- High school diploma required
- Excellent service skills, good attitude.
- Dedication and Commitment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee maybe required to work seated at a desk for several hours at a time and/or stand or walk for extended periods of time on hard surfaces. Must be able to lift objects up to 75lbs. and climb a 10’ ladder while procuring items from such height. Specific vision requirements require employee to view computer screens for extended periods of time and manipulate a mouse and keyboard.
Salary and Benefits
ATTIC STUDIOS LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Interested parties email resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time