Street-Level Imaging Vehicle Driver(NY):Veteran+Military Connected – Veteran Staffing Network – New York, NY
Company: Veteran Staffing Network
Location: New York, NY
Veteran Staffing Network
Currently seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Street-level Imaging Vehicle Driver. Operate a vehicle equipped with state of the art digital camera arrays, GPS equipment and LiDAR to rapidly image 360-degree area around the vehicle.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Receive specialized training to drive public streets and roadways in a safe and efficient manner.
- Utilize onboard computer system to capture street-level images within given project area, including public streets, highways and on/off ramps.
- Mapping often requires specific areas be driven multiple times due to poor lighting conditions, multilane roads, etc.
- Transfer electronic files between the Cloud, USB thumb drive and vehicle’s computer system.
- Maintain contact with project manager regularly via personal cell phone (texting/voice/pictures/email).
- Utilize personal phone and personal email to submit daily/weekly reports
- Get the vehicle washed and serviced as instructed.
- Interact professionally the general public and/or with security guards to access secured areas if required.
- Operate independently. Be mission-focused and get the job done.
- Operator is responsible for:
- Vehicle is operational on a daily basis and cleaned weekly inside and out
- Complete daily reports
- Send data disks via FedEx, receive shipments from FedEx
- Track expenses when needed
Schedule: Part-time, 24-35 hrs/week. 3 or 4 days/week.
- Must have flexibility in schedule as the mapping requires good weather (no rain, no snow) and daylight hours.
- Driver must watch weather forecasts. Weekend work is required. Project will have to wait or pause if it snows.
- Preferred the candidate have a parking spot, preferably in a garage, where vehicle can be parked at night.
- Vehicles must park in garage at night or vehicle operator will remove camera (in its case) from vehicle every night.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Valid driver’s license and clean Department of Motor Vehicle driver’s record.
- Physically capable of safely lifting 70-pound camera unit onto vehicle roof mount and to safely reach/access roof of vehicle to mount and unmount camera
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail to safely handle vehicle and imagery system.
- Driver must enjoy driving. Must be accessible by cell phone, this is required.
- Dependable and reliable with professional attitude and demeanor
- Computer/technology literate to use phone, email and Excel spreadsheets for basic data entry.
- Prefer local operator living in area with knowledge of local roads and traffic trends.
- Experience with commercial driving is a huge plus.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.50 /hour
- capable of safely lifting 70-pound camera unit onto vehicle: 1 year (Required)
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse: 1 year (Required)
- Computer/technology literate to use phone, email & Excel: 1 year (Required)
- commercial driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver must enjoy driving. Must be accessible by cell phone: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift