CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: New York, NY
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
Our team is responsible for the creation and management of unique marketing concepts and executions to help promote CBS Television’s programming, tentpole events, the CBS APP, CBS.com, and our premiere streaming service: CBS All Access. We directly support the Marketing, Network, and Executive teams to execute their market vision.
The individual hired for this role will report to the Creative Director, Digital Display Marketing at ViacomCBS Digital Entertainment’s premiere design studio in New York, NY. Assets to be produced include but are not limited to the following:
- Create Emails & Email templates of different types, including –
- Acquisition, Winback & Retention Emails to help acquire subscribers, retain subscribers, and keep subscribers.
- Onboarding Emails to help subscribers who have signed up for the streaming service to understand how it’s used, where to find things, and to drive them to stream content that will keep them streaming, thereby generating income.
- Weekly Newsletters to drive subscribers to watch new content and affinity content.
- Specialized Newsletters to drive subscribers to watch affinity content to the specific brand they signed up to watch (example, NFL on CBS, Big Brother, UEFA Soccer).
- Specialized Offer Emails including, Sweepstakes, Trailer Release Announcements, Show Premieres, Product Enhancements (Commercial Free, Digital Download, etc).,
- He/she will work in collaboration with other designers and stakeholders in order to hit specific benchmarks throughout the year.
- Attend Creative Kick-offs with Designer Manager or Creative Director for various projects
- Meet Daily with Project Manager, Creative Director and Design Manager to review current hot list
- Concept and create dynamic, cutting-edge digital email marketing.
- Familiarize yourself with current entertainment industry marketing trends as it relates to Movie, Cable & Broadcast TV, and competing digital streaming services.
- Constantly challenge yourself to learn new methodology, tips, tricks, and best practices in everything from photo manipulation and retouching to type design and production, coding and animating GIFs.
- Be able to maintain consistency in developing email campaigns while adhering to brand guidelines.
- Collaborate in person with Design Managers and Stakeholders throughout the course of every project – brainstorming, offering suggestions and/or solutions, shifting gears and direction as needed to create the best email marketing solutions possible.
- Communicate with fellow designers and creative leads to flag problems and be proactive in every aspect of your work to ensure that deadlines are regularly met and problems are solved before they become blockers to on-time delivery.
- Top level email marketing assets to be produced include but are not limited to Acquisition, Winback, and Retention emails, as well as Onboarding, Newsletters and many other formats and Specialized offers to promote our streaming service. Its possible that you’ll be creating various other forms of digital advertising across platforms.
- CBS All Access exclusive Originals like The Twilight Zone, Star Trek: Discovery and The Stand
- NFL ON CBS now streaming on CBS All Access + UEFA Soccer, College Football, Hockey & Basketball, NWSL Women’s Soccer and Pro Golf.
- Primetime ratings grabbers including Young Sheldon, Big Brother, NCIS, and Survivor
- Fresh CBS Network hits like FBI, The Neighborhood, Magnum P.I., SEAL Team and Bull
- The best Late Night TV featuring The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Late Late Show with James Corden
- Incredible LIVE Specials like The Grammys, The Tonys and ACM Awards
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Minimum of 4+ years of Entertainment advertising experience with an emphasis in email marketing.
- Able to present a solid portfolio showcasing cutting edge marketing and graphic design.
- Solid understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines, with a laser focus on email marketing best practices.
- Familiarity with popular streaming services and current TV, movie and other entertainment marketing, advertising and programming trends.
- Confidence in your marketing and design prowess, with photo manipulation / comping / masking experience, and proficiency in Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects knowledge required). Retouching and color adjusting knowledge / experience a huge plus.
- Understanding of how to ideate, create, and produce top-level GIFs and understand how to work with outside vendors to help with coding, testing and custom email implementations (countdowns, CTA tests, dynamic voting, etc).
- The attitude to be an all-around team player, knowing that you’ll go above and beyond the call of duty whenever necessary.
- The willingness to learn and use internal processes, including formatting, file naming, and archiving.
You might also have –
- An interest in pop culture and understanding about the current trajectory of new media.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm and a fine eye for detail.
- You must be able to work both independently and with a team. You can proactively gather consensus from multiple internal stakeholders when necessary, and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.