Special Events Manager – Central Park Conservancy – New York, NY
Company: Central Park Conservancy
Location: New York, NY
Central Park Conservancy
The Central Park Conservancy is looking for a dynamic and experienced event planner to play a key role on the Special Events Department team. He/she will be involved in all aspects of planning, developing, producing and executing Central Park Conservancy’s fundraising, community engagement, and cultivation events. The department’s primary fundraising events include Taste of Summer, the Winter Party and a Theater Benefit. Community engagement events include the Central Park Film Festival, Dana Holiday Lighting, and Great Jazz on the Great Hill. Cultivation events include Shakespeare in the Park and New York Philharmonic picnics as well as various membership events. This position reports to the Director of Special Events.
Reports to: Director of Special Events
Department: Special Events
Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Position Number: 3903
Essential Job Functions
Manage logistics for Central Park Conservancy events. Tasks include: site logistics, budget, list and data management, contract negotiation, vendor relations and onsite supervision.
Recruit for and manage Young Associates Committee for the Winter Party, steering them on fundraising and event logistics, and cultivating them throughout the year.
- Support the Chairs and Committee of the event.
- Serve as lead point of contact on select events as assigned by Director
- Perform database work in Raiser’s Edge such as: event registration and guest list management, build queries and exports, track in-kind gifts and acquisitions, financial reports, data imports and donor updates
- Coordinate event mailings and emails: write letters, manage mailing lists, facilitate mailings,.
- Support post-event activities: creating and mailing tax acknowledgment letters, organize re-cap meetings, create event synopsis and wrap up materials.
- Input, track and pay event expenses through purchase order system.
- Process event payments and maintain registration records.
- Solicit and procure Event Sponsors and in-kind gifts such as: food and beverage and other donated products when necessary.
- Coordinate with web team to develop event webpages
- Recruit for, organize and manage groups of staff volunteers on site at events.
- Play an active role on site including managing vendor load in and load out on each event and ensuring that all vendors meet the Conservancy’s logistical guidelines.
- Produce functional event plans such as: run of show, site layouts, vendor and volunteer schedules and physicals.
- Work with other departments to streamline organizational standards and platforms including archiving, web forms, and proposal templates.
- Serve as department representative at Cross Functional meetings
- Administrative duties such as: ordering office supplies, scheduling meetings with event chairmen and committees as needed, maintaining the company-wide events calendar
- Answers phone and email inquiries related to programs.
- College degree with 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising and/or special events
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrates superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong written and communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Possess exceptional maturity, tact, diplomacy, and an outgoing personality in order to engage with donors
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter
- Ability to move or transport small boxes and supplies, weighing up to 30 pounds, within the office and Park for event needs
- Must be able to work some late nights, early mornings and weekends
- Valid US driver’s license required and must be comfortable driving in NYC
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
Please note: For your application to be seriously considered please be sure to upload a current resume and cover letter.