Social Media Manager – The Yes – New York, NY
Company: The Yes
Location: New York, NY
We are an early stage company building the next generation digital shopping platform from the ground up. Our vision is to create a highly differentiated and personalized experience for consumers that revolutionizes the way people shop. We have an incredible team and venture investors. Come join the fun!
Goal of Job
We are looking for a creative, analytical, and detail-oriented individual to manage The Yes’s social media personality and presence across all relevant platforms for shopper awareness and acquisition. Our ideal candidate will help build brand awareness and boost The Yes fashion industry credibility via original content development and strategic partnerships. This includes developing brand content to reach our business objectives and building measurable programs with social media influencers. The position will involve a combination of the following to create daily relevance among fashion customers: social network management, community engagement, analytical reporting, influencer partnerships, and content production support to bring the overall social media strategy to life. A deep understanding of the social media landscape, trends and platforms is required for this role in order to concept, plan and execute content with a social media lens that lives across owned, paid and earned channels. A strong knowledge of the fashion landscape and influencers is also preferred.
This position is in New York.
- Develop social media strategies to reach various business objectives, inclusive of both brand-driving and sales-driving initiatives. Ideate new forward-thinking content tests on existing and new channels.
- Drive, create, and execute social content calendar. From crowdsourcing assets to developing and executing weekly social media shoots; create swipe, working internally with the brand partnership team to select products, and working with photographers, prop stylists and videographers to capture content native to relevant social media formats.
- Run point on influencer outreach, identifying macro, micro, and nano-influencers to work with and develop outside-of-the-box partnerships with them to expand The Yes social presence.
- Daily management and execution of tactics to grow our social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tiktok, etc.) from content calendar planning, implementation, copy, and reporting and influencer partnerships.
- Grow The Yes social community launching user-generated programs to be celebrated on the platform.
- Build systems to scale our social media output coming up with new, scrappy content ideas and ways to bring it to life to remain nimble and maintain The Yes’s always-on presence.
- Project manage all social programs, including developing timelines and managing the legal, financial and administrative needs.
- Write sound briefs and proposal documents for agencies, content creators, and internal teams.
- Support business negotiations with social agencies to manage costs.
- Collaborate internally with PR, fashion director, paid marketing and analytics teams to build holistic social media programming.
- Set measurable goals for social content and cross-channel programs working with others on the marketing team to determine the proper KPIs and tools necessary to measure.
- Analyze data and share metric recaps on social content performance and key takeaways.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience in social media, content or editorial field.
- Exceptional writing skills & content creation ideas.
- Prior experience in the social media and influencer space.
- Passionate about innovation, thinks outside of the box, and identifies opportunities to be the first.
- Creative with the ability to populate a high volume of new content ideas.
- Analytical with a keen understanding of social media KPIs by post type and platform, how to track to business objectives and how to analyze data to craft narratives and reports.
- Highly organized and possesses the ability to work on many projects with moving timelines.
- Team player who thrives on communication and collaboration across multiple time zones.
- Pivots quickly and enjoys a fact-paced, ever-evolving start-up.
- Strong familiarity or experience within the fashion space.
- Understands social is an always on 24/7 channel.
- Desire to lead brainstorms.
- Proven track record for developing original content programs.
- Self-starter and can execute based on data and business objectives.
- Open to feedback and has the desire to improve.
- Experience with third-party social media/influencer tracking tools.
- Critical thinking – we use judgement in making key decisions, we are innovative and deep thinkers, we are deliberate and produce high quality work
- Helpfulness and transparency – we support each other by providing context and feedback, we operate with respect towards our customers, partners and team, we are open to giving and receiving feedback with the intention of improving how we function
- Operate as an owner – we are deeply invested in the success of the company and its customers, we do what’s right, not what’s easy, we spend carefully and know that any success is tied to what is best for our customers
- Pronto – we operate with a sense of urgency, have a GSD mentality, we are open to change as business needs evolve, and we embody grit and tenacity